Tonight, found pics of my favorite fox body system!

alanw6

Dec 19, 2002
memphis, TN
For years, I thought I had no pics of a system I built for a friend's 93 LX. I had one picture in my PC of the system after I had started to transfer and re-do the install in my own fox.

Tonight, my wife was digging through old photo albums and I took a look with her. Found pictures from a USACi regional event from June 2000. A lot of late nights on this system, which was built in about 2 weeks and was in JL Audio's booth at this event. To date, it remains one of my favorite installs.

Just had to share, as I thought any evidence of this system was long gone!

175439.jpg

175437.jpg

175438.jpg

And yes, it rocked the house! :nice:

This is the only pic i had, and this system was never finished. Added way too much weight, and the motorized amp rack had its share of issues. It was designed to spin the amp back and forth 180 degrees, showing the cover or the guts depending on position. It was trick, but just not what I envisioned in the end. It does show the shape of the box well, though.

mustang1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

i just want one sub, some 6x9's and some mids & highs, i have no rear set in my hatch and i need some ideas... Alan, If you run across any pictures of something like that would ya mind tossing them my way?

stereo systems just slow a car down! lol

You're correct, the added weight doesn't help. My friend and I did the install in this years 5.0 KOTS winning car, and built a "light weight" system for it. All told, the system weighed less (by a few pounds) than the spare/jack/Mach 460 equipment which was removed. 10.teens with the system pounding is plenty fast enough for me!

I worked in car audio for a long time, so I *can't* have a car without a nice sounding stereo.

FBD, I built that system with less than half the "skill" I have now. What I did have was a lot of determination and patience, and the results eventually came.

hey alan ,nice system you definately to great work was wondering what is the best adhesive for applying leather or vinyl to plastic. looking to reupholster my center console thanks

You'll need a good, strong contact adhesive. Landau roof adhesive (from a body/paint shop) stands up to heat very well, and holds pretty strong.

You'll pay for it, but www.selectproducts.com has some quality materials. I buy from them when projects like this come up.

You're welcome. If you check out that site, look at the HF series vinyl. Best I've ever used, and lots of colors. Dyes easily also. It's the stuff I used on my door panels and false floor in the hatch. Spendy, but the ease of wrapping more than makes up for it, imo.