Top end kit advice needed...

Also, I don't specifically point it out in the video, but you can hear it if you know what to listen for after I crank it up at 0:35. I made the video for @Gearbanger 101, because he was asking how well the car idled with 30lbs injectors and an E-cam. But yeah, you can hear it almost immediately after cranking and then when I go around to the engine bay you can hear it, too. It's much more obvious in person, but you can still hear it in the vid.

This setup is a GT40X head and GT40 intake which should be pretty damn well matched, seeing as how they were designed for each other. I agree though that may not be the case for your combo.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCsNE1aE-mo

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Also, I don't specifically point it out in the video, but you can hear it if you know what to listen for after I crank it up at 0:35. I made the video for @Gearbanger 101, because he was asking how well the car idled with 30lbs injectors and an E-cam. But yeah, you can hear it almost immediately after cranking and then when I go around to the engine bay you can hear it, too. It's much more obvious in person, but you can still hear it in the vid.

This setup is a GT40X head and GT40 intake which should be pretty damn well matched, seeing as how they were designed for each other.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCsNE1aE-mo

I can hear it. Definately what I'm experiencing. Nice ride by the way.

I really liked that car. Too bad I had to sell it before I was stationed in California. It went 12.63@108 on that setup, cutting a 1.83 60-foot time on stock size all season tires! I documented my track exploits while I owned it. It really surprised a lot of people, including me. If you'd like to read more: link

Reactions: 1 user
Heads and intake I think will start with. Just can't make myself keep the Typhoon intake. Besides there is a whistling sound coming from the intake. Not sure exactly what it is. Goes away when you give it gas and briefly when taking it in and out of park and the gears.

How come you want to ditch the intake? It should flow plenty for a mild combo.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user