illinois
their running top fuel finals and it shaking my house :flag:

rt66.jpg

Attachments

• rt66.jpg
    rt66.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Sponsors (?)

top fuel gives you a feeling only being there can describe you can tell people "oh it's so loud" but that doesnt do it justice, when your standing in the pits when they set there clutches and your heart feels like it's going to stop and your brain rattles is truly the only way to expeirence it. my frist expierence was in bristol absolutly brutal sounding.

i went to a NHRA event in at Heartland Park in topeka KS about 2 weeks ago.

Its intense. I was right by one when they started them in the pits. Lots of people standing by it, a swift gust of wind carried all the nitro-methane into the crowd. People were like "AHH" and there was this big opening in the crowd where the nitro went.

I was watching and i saw one guy walking by. He saw a huge opening in the crowd, i guess he saw his oppurtunity to get up close. so he went in the area and it didnt take 5 secs and then he ran out with his shirt over his face.

You start smelling it, its a real sweet smell then you start breathing it in, starts making you lungs tingle, then it gets in your eyes, and you start crying. Its great. Then thet rev em up in the pits. about busts you eardrums and shakes the earth.

Then the sound, its LOUD. so loud you could stand right behind someone, YELL AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS, and they couldnt even come close to hearing you. Not even close...

Then when they race. The burnout is just loud. dont really feel the power since they are not hookin up.

But when they lauch OMG you can feel the 7000+ HP, You can describe it. you have to be there.... feels like the earth is going to fall apart.

I seen them at Grand Bend Motoplex all the time and YES THEY ARE AMAZING....300+ MPH in the 1/4 at 4.5 or seconds......and I stand by the fence for them (15 feet away from them around the 1/8 mark) lemme tell you your whole body shakes like mad and the sound is friggin unreal you can't even see strait lol.

Foxfan88 said:
People were like "AHH" and there was this big opening in the crowd where the nitro went.

I was watching and i saw one guy walking by. He saw a huge opening in the crowd, i guess he saw his oppurtunity to get up close. so he went in the area and it didnt take 5 secs and then he ran out with his shirt over his face.

You start smelling it, its a real sweet smell then you start breathing it in, starts making you lungs tingle, then it gets in your eyes, and you start crying. Its great. Then thet rev em up in the pits. about busts you eardrums and shakes the earth.

I drag race cars but not on the level of NHRA but run with the Lucas series cars and it's funny as hell to watch people when they are warming up an injected nitro car. The fire the car up and people all sprint to the side and stand there like they are so tough, then they turn the alcohol off and inject the nitro and start revving it and people scatter like you dropped a cherry bomb in a ants nest. :rlaugh:

I laugh so hard as you don't normally see mullets move that quick.

You really have to see this in person to understand what these cars are doing and the way that it makes you feel. You literally feel it in your chest as it feels as though someone is punching you. I have had the chance to be right on the track at several NHRA events while the nitro cars have launched and words can not express what it's like.