TPMS - where do I have them transferred?

jmanpatsfan

Mar 25, 2007
I just called a few tire shops and they all said they can't transfer the sensors. Where do I have this done? Please dont tell me I have to take it to the dealership. (I know I have to buy the straps.)

• Sponsors (?)

I just went through this.

Buy the straps from American muscle. I went to discount tire here (I think they are nationwide), or any big name tireshop should know how to transfer the sensors. Get a quote over the phone and hold them to it because the shop I went to said it was a lot of work! lol

I just called a few tire shops and they all said they can't transfer the sensors. Where do I have this done? Please dont tell me I have to take it to the dealership. (I know I have to buy the straps.)

What size rims do you have? Make sure you buy decent bands as some of the aftermarket bands are crap. Two bands on my 20" rims let go and destroyed the sensors in the process. I had to take all four apart and replace the bands and the two wrecked sensors. The Ford 20" bands (from the F150 I think) seem to be holding. The tire shops you talked to are FOS. Any tire shop worth using can do the work and it takes marginally more time than mounting the tire.

What size rims do you have? Make sure you buy decent bands as some of the aftermarket bands are crap. Two bands on my 20" rims let go and destroyed the sensors in the process. I had to take all four apart and replace the bands and the two wrecked sensors. The Ford 20" bands (from the F150 I think) seem to be holding. The tire shops you talked to are FOS. Any tire shop worth using can do the work and it takes marginally more time than mounting the tire.

I agree, it appears to be a simple job. Just time consuming. What bands did you use before? I opened up the AM bands when I got them and they seemed really well thought out and sturdy.

There are no discount tires in the northeast. I need straps for 18" wheels. One of places I called said they dont handle wheels that you dont buy from them for insurance reasons. I will call some more places tomorrow.

I agree, it appears to be a simple job. Just time consuming. What bands did you use before? I opened up the AM bands when I got them and they seemed really well thought out and sturdy.

The tire shop wouldn't tell me whose bands they used but the new bands we put in are Ford 20" bands (I can find the part # if you need it). I've had no problem with them since the changeover. The original bands, damaged sensors, balancing, and labour were covered on warranty.