Trick Flow Heads/Cam upgrade for my 91 GT

foxbodyrules

Sep 17, 2004
Hi, thinking about upgrading my heads and cam on my 91. I have the stock motor. Have shorty headers, catted h, flowmaster exhaust, etc. Basically stock. I just want to increase hp, while not losing any torque. Heard good things about the trick flow setup- (should i use twisted wedge heads or high port heads?.. i thought twisted wedge but wasn't sure). I think cam was TFS Stage 1. I don't want to spend a huge amount of money, and heard these were good bang for the buck, and i'm not going to be racing or anything.. more of a daily driver. So is this a good idea? Or is it not worth the money. Also, how much would this upgrade cost? Anyone know of places with special deals? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I went the trick flow route, and i was very happy with the results. I used the track heat heads, same as twisted wedge, just better springs and hardware. I also used the track heat intake instead of the street heat. I had a pretty mild cam, otherwise the car drove ok on the street and loved the track. on a stock block, crank and rods, i made 340hp, 350tq at the wheels with those heads and intake. I also used a 125 shot of n20 and made 470/590 at the tire. I really liked the overall product trickflow has to offer, as a matter of fact, I'm selling those heads for a new motor combination next season. I'm asking 1400, the heads have stage 1 porting, lower intake manifold port matched, harland sharp 1.6 rockers included, tall aluminum trick flow valve cover included, cam included also, but a stage 1 TFS might be a little better on the street unless you have a 5-speed. You can have the whole intake, heads, roller rockers, cam they are all in perfect working condition, i just got to get rid of them fast!