Trick Flow Top End Kit Cam question!

So..Im ready to but the Trick Flow Street Heat top end kit for my stang! I want it to pass smog also so I did some research and the only part that isnt California Smog Legal is the cam. I was wondering if there was a different cam that I could use that IS smog legal and will work well with the rest of the kit? That way i could use the rest of the kit and just buy a different cam! Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

I used an E-cam with my trickflow setup and passed Massachusetts smog (when we actually had to pass smog here) which I think was close to Cali smog tests. It ran strong with that setup but Im sure there are better smog legal cams out there. Maybe some of the other guys will chime in with better options for you.

Why are you worried about emissions if you have a fox bodied car it's either 20+ yrs old or about to be. Which means safety inspection only. Is Cali different?

I had a B cam back in the day and it always passed emissions. Comp cams I believe has a line of emissions legal cans. They will probably tell u what I just said about the cars age.

There are very few cams that carry the CARB#, The E303 is one of them. I know when I do customs it is on a best faith effort as long as you dont need the sticker or number. Ive had 600HP cars pass CA smog.

When your ready for the TFS kit let mw know I can put it together custom for you and swap out components including that cam, great pricing as well.

There are very few cams that carry the CARB#, The E303 is one of them. I know when I do customs it is on a best faith effort as long as you dont need the sticker or number. Ive had 600HP cars pass CA smog.

When your ready for the TFS kit let mw know I can put it together custom for you and swap out components including that cam, great pricing as well.

Just ordered my Trickflow kit from Rick! His pricing was great, and his knowledge of mustangs is incrdeible.