Trickflow H/c/i: Step 1 - teardown

Started on the trickflow hci, today was teardown, we got down to the heads. Even loosened half the head bolts, tomorrow that comes out and we clean everything up and begin the install. Took us about 6 hours taking our sweet time with a 1 hour break for dinner to tear down almost to the block. We took our time and didnt stress ourselves, labeled alot of baggies with bolts, kept our tools in fairly neat order. We only lost 1 thing!! and that was the marker, and we found it...haha anyways heres some pics!

My man slave taking apart the exhaust (stanger007)
514038986_98511b4379.jpg

Trying to put an overdrive alt pulley on...socket wont fit so cant install it
514065843_1f39242a85.jpg

Cai and throttlebody removed
514039156_92e3df4d66.jpg

Tailshaft of T5, it dripped a couple drops of oil, but the front was jacked up, is that normal when tilted?
514039358_454b872d4b.jpg

Mustangs :hail2:
514066313_1f92535fc5.jpg

Alt pully bracket gone
514039614_c3179f3343.jpg

Me removing ground strap
514066733_3dc32e254b.jpg

both access brackets gone, water pump removed
514040274_ce70392d3e.jpg

Bye bye upper intake
514040426_53263f056a.jpg

Injectors, lower intake removed
514040898_34a99a774d.jpg

Valve covers, timing chain removed, some header bolts removed, head bolts loosened. I got tired and my back was hurtin so we stopped here for the day.
514067831_35da33d7ac.jpg

With the passenger accessories and intake removed the front sits a good 2 inches higher, the powersteering and a/c are still in there. And we havent even removed heads...no pics of that but i will take one tomorrow

The fun pics come tomorrow!

• Sponsors (?)

:nice: good luck with the swap. yeah, i know what you mean ... those heads are heavy, especially when you are leaning over the fender.

i bet you'll be driving it sunday

got a chip ready to go on or are you staying with the stock tune?

From what I gather you are trying to make this a weekend project, but I gotta suggest taking an extra half day or so to paint all your accessory brackets, water pump, timing cover, hide some wires, put the fuse box in the fender, etc. I'm sure you just wanna get it back together and run it as I would too, but its so much easier to just do the detail work when its during the project and so well worth it. Just my 2 cents. Good luck man, looks like fun!

From what I gather you are trying to make this a weekend project, but I gotta suggest taking an extra half day or so to paint all your accessory brackets, water pump, timing cover, hide some wires, put the fuse box in the fender, etc. I'm sure you just wanna get it back together and run it as I would too, but its so much easier to just do the detail work when its during the project and so well worth it. Just my 2 cents. Good luck man, looks like fun!

Too late, we started it up tonite (sans exhaust). Maybe we can do the detail stuff when he realizes he'll need a 347 to beat my blown combo.

I'll have to do some researching on the wire hiding though, sounds like a fun project - since you brought it up, do you have any pictures of your engine bay with the wires hidden?

Thanks for the input and you suck for giving me yet another project I want to do on my Mustang. :D

Wes