Trickflow Street intake

camelback5l

Jan 3, 2008
Well hello eveyone new to the board and have a few questions about my 1995 gt I just purchased.( finally have a mustang again :) )

I just bought a 1995 gt 5 sp with only 41k on the clock its so beautiful with the following mods for $ 5500.00.

1. 3.73 gears
2. 18" saleen wheels
3. 13" cobra brakes up front
4. mac cold air
5. c&l mass air
6. 65mm t-body
7. bbk unequal headers
8. bbk off road x-pipe
9. flow master american thunder cat back
10. ford motor sport b springs
11. bilsteen shock and struts
12. mac caster camber plates
13. sub frame conecters

My question is the previous owner also threw in the Trickflow street intake with the car never installed. Is this a waste of time to install? I know i need a new strut tower brace and 94/95 inlet adapeter. Will my computer handle this mod? Are my factory 19lb injectors up to the task of the intake? The motor is completly stock. I plan on heads and cam later on down the road but nowhere in the near future as im kinda broke now paying cash for this car. All responses greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a nice Stang and Welcome to the site :)

That is a nice intake for a mild street car combo and it would go well with
your current mods.

If you did not already have your headers, mid pipe, and that intake .......

I would tell you the TFS Track Heat mid length runner intake would extend
your power band a bit over a longer runner intake like the Street heat.

It would cost you a bit of low end but some long tube headers could help
offset the loss.

Since you say money is tight for the time being ......
I believe I would just stick with what you got

I'd slap that intake on there in a heartbeat :nice:

You will notice a gain ;)

I don't recall seeing anybody say that intake requires a different hood

About the strut tower brace :)

I quit using mine a long time ago and could not see any ill effects from
doing so.

The pcm should not freak out with that intake and your current mods

The 19's should support what you now have as well

Grady

I know im not going to go hunt down any LS1's in the near future with my current set up but what do you guys think my RWHP would be? And what do ya think the best et and mile per hour this car is capable of?

Thanks I love the car....!!! I was actually looking for a 94/95 cobra when I came across this car on craigslist. I had been looking for a about 6 months. Its not a cobra but the pristine condition of this gt and the milage sold me.

I know im not going to go hunt down any LS1's in the near future with my current set up but what do you guys think my RWHP would be? And what do ya think the best et and mile per hour this car is capable of?

Honestly ... strip et & mph are so dependent upon driver skill :Word:

I'm more comfortable with dyno rwhp as a measurement ;)

That intake, with the TFS heads, and the TFS stage 1 cam makes up a kit
many here have done with their 94-95 Stangs.

All the supporting parts to go along with that kit and a sharp tune should
put you in a range of 285 to 315 rwhp.

I will say with a stick trans, a decent sixty foot, and a better than average
driver with that amount of power, one should be able to take a 94-95
Stang to mid 12's give or take a bit.

You just don't have to look too hard on these various boards to find that
kind of thing being done.

Grady

So what's the intake worth hp wise? Any estimate on my rwhp before and after the intake? Doing alot of searches on head and cam posts it seems alot of you guys seem partial to the afr heads and the crane 2031 cam keeps coming up.. I guess our computers are picky about cams ?

So what's the intake worth hp wise? Any estimate on my rwhp before and after the intake? Doing alot of searches on head and cam posts it seems alot of you guys seem partial to the afr heads and the crane 2031 cam keeps coming up.. I guess our computers are picky about cams ?
the intakes are worth 10-15 hp on a stock motor, really coming to life in the upper RPM's

our computers are sorta picky about cams BUT if your spending all that money and going as far as swapping a cam just budget in some extra $$ for a good tune, that would solve any possible idle issues

I just installed a street heat, and I have similar mods as you. I live in Iowa and the roads are a bit slick this time of year, so I cannot say I have had the chance to open her up and feel the difference. I had to trim some of the fiberglass bracing off the bottom side of the hood to get it to clear with a 1" heat spacer between the manifolds. I also noticed the sound of the engine is different... It has a louder hollower sound, especially when starting up. Doesnt bother me, but I wasnt expecting it. Welcome to the board, I really enjoy being a part of this group!