Fox Trip to U pull yard

gearhead77

Mar 13, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Just realized there’s a U pull yard near me. No Foxes, but a few SN95 V6 verts and other early 90’s Fords, few F150s, not sure of the engine.

Planning on making a trip there just to see, never been to one, my other cars are new. Anything I should look to get from donor Fords for my 89 GT vert? I’m not taking spindles or stuff like that, I’m not doing a 5 lug swap, intake or anything any time soon and I don’t have room to stockpile parts.

I mean the stuff that’s hard/impossible or too damn expensive to find for 30 year old Fords. Like caps for the charcoal vapor canister, other stuff like that. I’ve done some searching on here, doesn’t seem like too much swaps backwards. The convertible latch is even different it seems, which is something I need! Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly....parts are getting harder to find. Go to the junkyard with the eBay app on your phone, search each part as you pull it and see what sells and what doesn't. You'd be surprised.

Any time I go to a junk yard I pull off spindles when I see them. Good to have around, especially when a friend needs parts for 5 lug swaps.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't overlook those V8 Explorers for heads and intake. Even if you don't want them/need them, you can flip them for a pretty good profit to help pay for stuff you do need. Those spindles on the early SN95's are starting to go up in price too.

U pull it questions:

U pull yard near me has an 83 and an 87 Tbird. They appear to be 6 cylinder cars, but not sure. Couple questions

Will seats from a Fox Tbird fit into a Mustang as a bolt up? Or at least the base? My drivers seat in my "Vert is shot and I went something better then the makeshift thing I've got going on right now until I do the interior.

Four bolt centercaps: My turbines are in decent shape but need redone. The centercaps need re-done, but since they're kind of rare, I leave them off the car. Will the centercaps from the Cougar/Tbird wheels work with turbines? They seem to be nearly the same cap.

Any other Fox goodies to take if they're there? Planning initial trip today, probably go back if its decent, other stuff worth taking.

Bonus, non-fox question: Do these yards take fluids to recycle? I have a ton of antifreeze that's been sitting around.

TIA

U pull it questions:

U pull yard near me has an 83 and an 87 Tbird. They appear to be 6 cylinder cars, but not sure. Couple questions

Will seats from a Fox Tbird fit into a Mustang as a bolt up? Or at least the base? My drivers seat in my "Vert is shot and I went something better then the makeshift thing I've got going on right now until I do the interior.

Four bolt centercaps: My turbines are in decent shape but need redone. The centercaps need re-done, but since they're kind of rare, I leave them off the car. Will the centercaps from the Cougar/Tbird wheels work with turbines? They seem to be nearly the same cap.

Any other Fox goodies to take if they're there? Planning initial trip today, probably go back if its decent, other stuff worth taking.

Bonus, non-fox question: Do these yards take fluids to recycle? I have a ton of antifreeze that's been sitting around.

TIA

To answer my own questions (and anyone else's should they find this)

My U Pull and Pay (Pittsburgh) does not take fluids to recycle.

83 wasn't worth much to me, nothing for my 89 anyway.

Off the 87 I took some simple to removed stuff like a few OEM vacuum lines and tees, a barometric sensor (not sure if it works with 89 vs 87 but..).

Took the antenna from the 87 because the one on my 89 has had a hard life for only 70k.

Took a handful of charcoal canister caps from various Fords, which is the main reason I went to the yard! Hard to find, $10/ cap if you can. Yard didn't charge me for them either.

The four bolt center caps DO fit the turbines, at least from the 14" ten hole style wheels that were on the 87. However, since they are held on with a Mcgard set, I 'll have to return to liberate the others. I did get the center cap someone broke off yet it is still functional for "proof of concept"

Interiors were trashed on both cars, nothing worth taking. Ford did a pretty good job moving the Fox around. Only after you pop the hood or look underneath do you know its a shared platform.

The 87 had a 19 PA inspection sticker on it, so it's a recent add. A shame the digital dash and all that won't work in the Mustang without lots of work!
Tbird wheel.jpg
Mustang wheel.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user