TRUE BLUE

• Sponsors (?)

What color version do I have? I'm extremely colorblind!

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=646544

I know there are two slight variations in true blue. When I had my car in the shop for a new bumper cover, they called me in to pick it up. I went in, and some guy took me to my car to check it out, to see if I was satisfied. I thought it looked fine, but once it was outside, he flipped out. He kept saying they used the wrong paint, but when he looked at the paperwork, they used the right paint code. He ended up calling a stealership, and they confirmed that there were two different hues of true blue that were sprayed, and that they should just send in the gas door, so they could do a paint match.

V_Eight said:
Bullitt099.jpg

Bullitt092.jpg

Bullitt088.jpg

I see no purple or green in my paint.

That is one tight fuggin bullitt

Attachments

• Bullitt099.jpg
    Bullitt099.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Bullitt092.jpg
    Bullitt092.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 58
  • Bullitt088.jpg
    Bullitt088.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 47
Kilgore Trout said:
Blue shifting to purple and green is obviously the Mystichrome color as was suggested earlier in the thread.
no, we're not talking about mystic chrome. i know exactly what mystic chrome is, and we're talking about true blue that actually has a greenish hue as opposed to the normal purple hue most true blues have.

Shiroelex said:
I know there are two slight variations in true blue. When I had my car in the shop for a new bumper cover, they called me in to pick it up. I went in, and some guy took me to my car to check it out, to see if I was satisfied. I thought it looked fine, but once it was outside, he flipped out. He kept saying they used the wrong paint, but when he looked at the paperwork, they used the right paint code. He ended up calling a stealership, and they confirmed that there were two different hues of true blue that were sprayed, and that they should just send in the gas door, so they could do a paint match.
thats EXACTLY it right here.....it seems there are atually different hues of true blue from different years. one has a slight greenish hue and the other has the purple hue (most common)

There are so many different variations and shades of one color like true blue. Even from the factory, it's normal that most cars won't be the exact color because none of the mixtures are the same. If you go to the body shop and ask for true blue they will show you about 4 or 5 different shades and you can just pick the one you want.

BTW, when do u get your car back? Mine's been in the body shop for a few weeks and I'm getting mine back around Dec 5.

When i painted my ghey Roush kit(as suggested by couple of newbies in top of the thread), i gave them code L2. I didn't even have car to show them. And they matched my paint perfectry. Never heard of anything about different hue or anything like like that. I can see the due to ever so slight difference in the mixture, there will be slight difference in as far as may be darker to little lighter. Specialy since it is metalic color. but if there is a greenish hue to it, its NOT trueblue. Thats Mistichrome.
True blue does have perplish tint sepending on how light is shinning on it tho. thats normal.

View attachment 421821

I must say, my car looks ghey as hell with Roush body kit on it huh?