TRX...HELP!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Why the hell would we know more about them?

Well, anyway, the only company I know of that still makes tires for them is Michelin (I think...) and the tires are obscenely expensive-like $200 each. I'd recommend selling them to somebody doing a resto or something like that, and just get some later model 15" or 16" wheels.

And if you absolutely must have them, get a set of tires and just bolt the TRX wheels up for shows and stuff. I'd get some 10-holes or ponies before I'd go to the expense of the TRX's, though.

Ash

I think Avon or something makes them TRX's too, but why would you want to buy TRX ?
Swapping to 16" ponies make the car drive sooooo much smoother.
Those TRX tires aren't really that great.
My car would slide all over the road with trx, when I bouht some ponies and 235 tires, dear god, it's like I have new car !
If you look at it for a long period, eventually, swapping to ponies will be cheaper.

Last time I heard there was another company that made tires for the TRX other then Michellin. Can't remember the name though. If I come across it I will let you know. Your best bet is to call up some tire shops and see what they can find for you. I had a set (rims) and sold them for $60.00. IMO they were nice looking rims, but I couldn't justify $250.00 a tire.

Red_LX said:
Why the hell would we know more about them?

Because they came mostly on the 2.3 cars (Cobra, Pace Car)

Stangguy you can still get them but as stated above they will cost you an arm and a leg. Here is a link to Coker Tire you can still get them their.

http://www.coker.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=347

As you can see they still fetch some big money on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2472761581&category=33745

I have a very nice set on my Cobra but I got lucky the front 2 were 95 percent tread. The backs were showing belts but I scored a pair at my favorite tire store for $45 mounted and balanced (220-55-390) they had them for a long time. :nice:

those are the two companies I know about. I was quoted like 150$ for the Avons at Costco. They are very spendy for daily drivers, but look good though.

Somone needs to hook me up with this companie that cuts them out and installs them on a 15 inch rim. As they do look very good (in my opinion) and no one else makes anything close.

;turboflush