Trying to find a picture

FordRacing302

5 Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
Cleveland, TN
Hey guys, Dont flame me but I dont own a stang anymore...I now own a low 8 sec 1/8 mile civic...but thats not the reason for this thread...

I was looking for a thread with the title "2JZ civic swap" or something like that, and it has a picture of a civic with to Jay Z's (the rapper) in the engine bay and a bottle of Naz (also another rapper) in the corner....Im pretty damned sure I saw it on this site somewhere a while back and Ive done all the searchin I can so if someone could direct me Id appreciate it

• Sponsors (?)

2jzfd6.jpg

Attachments

• 2jzfd6.jpg
    2jzfd6.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 78
thats retarded.. 8 seconds is what a fox car with exhaust, shifter, and gears runs..

I wish that was true or Id still have a fox but my '86 was rebuilt .030 over Ecam ported E7's full exhaust, Tremec tranny with short shifter, KC Clutch rebuilt traction loc with 3.73's and it ran a best of 9.1 with good traction...I probably couldve squeezed an 8.9 out of it

Anyways thanks for the picture, I think a JayZ swap would be pretty gangster in my civic lol

The mods in my sig could only equate to an 8.7 @ 80mph. It was on all season perf tires, but it did cut a 1.90 60ft. I respect all cars that are done right, and that looks like a nicely done car from his sig. Hopefully with afr 165s, ed curtis custom cam, sfcs and some drag radials she can run 8.0's. I think it can pick up .7 with those mods.

What would be more cost effective for a 12 second car; Civic or Stang?

Depends on the owner and what the car is built for... I am willing to bet, the guys I see running 13s with HCI have spent a lot more money than the guy with a junkyard motor swap going 12s in some Civics.

I went 8.4 on street tires which was a 12.9 @ 108. A low 8 on street tires like said before, mid 12, especially in a Civic which is a top end type car. Trust someone who has been there, lower 8s in a fox isnt tough, but your not going to do it with an exhaust and gears!

Depends on the owner and what the car is built for... I am willing to bet, the guys I see running 13s with HCI have spent a lot more money than the guy with a junkyard motor swap going 12s in some Civics.
I agree. It depends on what you find for how much. A stang guy can find a used blower for under $1k and be in the 12s. A civic guy can do a junkyard motor swap, or maybe a used or homebuilt turbo. If you're talking about brand new parts, it would be different. For a stang you would need either a pricey h/c/i or blower. For the civic you would need an expensive turbo kit.

Also, like stangs, not all civics run as good as they should. I think I've seen gsr swapped civics in the 12s :shrug: Correct me if I'm wrong. My buddy has a civic with a gsr motor, cams, and a skunk intake manifold, and the thing is just plain slow. It would be a better match for my truck than it was for my car. He can definitely drive too.

I wish that was true or Id still have a fox but my '86 was rebuilt .030 over Ecam ported E7's full exhaust, Tremec tranny with short shifter, KC Clutch rebuilt traction loc with 3.73's and it ran a best of 9.1 with good traction...I probably couldve squeezed an 8.9 out of it

Anyways thanks for the picture, I think a JayZ swap would be pretty gangster in my civic lol

9.1? I have very light mods and I got a 9.3.
Speaking of woohoo the track opens next weekend on the 27th