Do I try and run 91 or not?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Foxfanatic_16

Feb 5, 2016
Hello all, i just recently bought a foxbody about a month ago and decided to get on the forums due to me having a few questions. Backround on the car: 89 LX Hatch, Red, whole bunch of body work and restoration, motor is built decently. TF heads, 24lb injectors, upper and lower intake, cold air. Shortie headers, offroad H, and flowmasters. Im in the heart of ethanol country in northern IA and southern MN, so 93 is difficult to find.

My main question now is my tuner. I bought it with a supposid 93 tune on the car, but after some further investigation i noticed the tweecer tuner dial is turned all the way to the right (at the 3:00 position.)I found a picture on google, and according to it, the 3:00 position is completely off. So does that mean that the car is on stock tune? Will this do significant damage to my engine? Also being from Southern MN, 93 is non-existent, so i would love to be able to run my car on 91 asap. With the tuner "off" do i dare try and run 91? Sorry for all the questions, if you cant tell, im kinda scared to mess with my first car.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not familiar with tweecer and can't comment much on it. I will say that unless the timing is really advanced you should be fine. There isn't a big difference between 91-93 on a n/a car. Not much help. Sorry.