typhoon + 347 stoker, power?

custom89stang

Dec 9, 2003
Seattle, WA
my friend/mechanic has 347 with afr 185's and edelbrock rpm (basically typhoon in take) and all the fuel components and a 6psi ssupercharger and he has like 370 hp/380lbs of trq. I was WONDERING if i put in a 347 stroker w/ afr 185 heads (jacob electronic ignition) what kind of power i should expect? thanks a lot.... by the way my friend w/ trick flow heads and cam and intake has 293 hp.... and his car runs mid-12's....cant i beat him?!? please?!?!

• Sponsors (?)

I like the Typhoon intake with my 306 and supporting parts, but I don't know if that's the best intake for a 347..might be pushing it a bit. I would step up to the Eddy intake..ported to make the most of the combination.

I've seen over 400rwhp with an unporeted rpm intake on a afr 185 headed 347 with a hitech motorsports custom cam. Both cars that had this intake were doing 121-124mph. Talk to 'Acames' on the corral. Heads may need milling and they will need valve springs.

If it were me, i'd go bigger on the intake, at least an rpm II or a holley. But I prefer the victor 5.0 or the TFS-R and spinning it a bit higher and making more power.