Typhoon vs trickflow vs cobra intake

• Sponsors (?)

depends on what will benefits YOUR setup..so first off...whats your setup? if your 100% stock engine wise...a bang for the buck would be a cobra intake imo for a stocker of an engine.

I use a Trick Flow Track Heat, with a set of iron ported and polished gt40's, 70mm t body and spacer, 73 mm mass air, headers, an F303 cam, msd ignition, and 100 shot of nitrous. I LOVE IT. I had a gt40 intake off of an explorer the track heat is a big improvement over that. But like he said depending on what else you have done or will do, and what you intend to do. I agree on the cobra issue, good bang for the buck.

the typhoon is an exact copy of the edelbrock RPM intake IIRC only thing is they have some serious casting flash out of the box. to the technical enthusiast who likes to use a grinder its perfect. generally with any intake you want to at least port match it to your setup. with a good cleanup the typhoons flow excellent. i run a cleaned up typhoon and it works great!

ive had a TFS intake before, i never ran it but it looks good and was comparable to the typhoon, i dont think it flows as much as an RPM intake though.

the cobra doesnt flow as good as the other but is still a great intake.

depends on what will benefits YOUR setup..so first off...whats your setup? if your 100% stock engine wise...a bang for the buck would be a cobra intake imo for a stocker of an engine.

Basic stuff done to it new headers going in next... not gunna mess with the block too much just do bolt on for now. the CAI is a K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit... Rear gears done and cam... I dont plan to super charge it or turbo charge it for at least a while. Im just looking for the maximum hp gain over the stock intake manifold

My typhoon was fine on my stock engine, personal experience...no casting flash problems and installed from box to block without issues. Aftermarket cams with stock heads can create issues when miss matched, adding the wrong intake could enhance the short comings even more. You need to indicate which cam you're running and hopefully you've already refreshed/upgraded the stock springs to accomodate the cam addition. If you haven't I would look at that as my next addition before adding an intake to your current combo.

Ya I'm positive it all fits together well cuz I've had my friends who "knows" 5 ohs better than me drive it and tried to buy it off me. Then when we called his friend about headers he also wanted to buy the car off me go figure. Everything has been done right on the car and the only things that really need to be done are the intake manifold, headers, and it needs an x pipe

You need to know the cam that's in there to correctly pick the best intake for it...I would suggest waiting on the intake and doing a head upgrade at the same time, the gains will be FAR more substantial if you can add parts that work together in the same power range. A good combo is more than just a collection of aftermarket parts...