UCA/ LCA. Now Quad shocks leaking oil?

StratGT

Founding Member
Oct 11, 2001
Mississauga, Canada
I installed some UCA and LCA from Blue Oval Industries on my 2000GT.

(By the way, there not the best quality and they sent me the wrong bolts and the stock bolts are too large to fit through the arms).

Now after driving for 2 weeks, the rear end squeaks over every bump and its annoying as hell. Today I noticed that my quad shocks are leaking oil.

Does anyone think the squeaking is from the upper or the lower control arms.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanx.

• Sponsors (?)

i got some upr uppers and lowers, and my rear squeakes like hell too. im thinkin about actually lubein them tho. i just put them in there dry. my quads were shot before the swap also, so no comeback there. just get some decient new ones. they do acutally help out with the wheel hoppin. i got the kyb ones for mine. there were 30 bucks a peice

droptopponynj said:
most guys remove the quad shocks when installing aftermarket uca/lca's. there are aftermarket upgrades available(quads) from billstein which are shorter and stouter. is your car lowered?

Yes, I forgot to mention that I lowered the car. I installed the UCA, LCA, and Bullitt springs at the same time. Do you think the lowering of my car affected something back there. I have grease fittings on the UCA/ LCA but the guy who installed then said they were heavily greased. By the way, the Upper control arms didn't look any better than stock.

I'd pull'em out and re-grease them with white-lithium. The bolts are the wrong size cause they used the 98 and earlier bolts as reference. If you have too small of bolts in the arms now,you'll still have problems cause the front side of the arms can move about 1/2 an inch up/down/forward and backwards in the original mounting hole. Either get new arms or drill out the metal bushing to the correct size.

if you lowered it then the quads are too long, i read this on the steeda website they have a side by side comparison of the stock quads with aftermarket for lower cars. either take out the old and not replace em or get some new ones specifically for lowered springs. did you change the stock shocks/struts when you lowered it? they don't last long after.

droptopponynj said:
if you lowered it then the quads are too long, i read this on the steeda website they have a side by side comparison of the stock quads with aftermarket for lower cars. either take out the old and not replace em or get some new ones specifically for lowered springs. did you change the stock shocks/struts when you lowered it? they don't last long after.

With the Bullitt springs, the rear of the car is only lowered by 1 inch maximum. That 1 inch can ruin the quad shocks?

My struts and shocks are still factory stock. I was told that I will not have any problems with them.

StangPro said:
These are all problems people never have with buying a quality brand like MM or Steeda...

Are bullitt springs poor quality or are you referring to the UCA/ LCA. The guy on the phone at Blue Oval Industries said the LCA and Upper's were the same as Mac and BBK which I here a good. After I bought them, I saw the Steeda adjustables LCA and they looked 1000 times better than mine. The guy that had the Steeda said there was no squeeking and there was a night and day difference. Live and learn.

There is absoultley no need for the quad shocks if you have installed a good set of LCA's, its just added weight and its going to make the car handle like crap

they definitly are leaking oil becuase they are either bottomed out (lowered car) or probably streched all the way out (stock ride height)

the squeaking sounds like its your bushings..there should be a grease nipple on the LCA's..lube them up real good with mobil one grease or something of the like and it should take care of it

squeaking could also be torn up dampers, be it quads, or either front or rear dampers. if you have some miles on the car and then lower it i would not doubt that you are getting some squeaking. mine are squeaking cuz they are toast.

Torinalth