Updated My Bama Tuner Last Weekend

BlackBuggy

Aug 6, 2011
Indiana
I just updated my X4 BAMA tuner last weekend to make way for a new upgrade.
I went to remove the code I get from cooler weather- like we have today- that says the thermostat is taking longer than usual to open. This is because I have the hi-flow Boss 302S grille. When it is warmer out- not a big issue. If it is wet and 45 degrees F or less, I get this code after 15 minutes of highway driving because the resisting air at high, prolonged speeds is keeping the car cooler than what the computer is expecting. Next Fall, I am going to put the stock GT grille in and see how that works at blocking the cooler air in the Winter. Then change it back to 302S in the Spring.
Anyway, I went to remove the code and realized the menu was different today. When I found my way to the correct menu, I saw a new option "Special Settings". In that menu, it has Cam Reset and Crank Reset. So it sounds like had I updated my tuner before last Fall, I could have set the crankshaft sensor position myself when I had a lightweight flywheel installed.

So I am guessing that Crank Reset is for the crankshaft sensor. What is the Cam Reset for? I am guessing setting timing after a cam install?

• Sponsors (?)