• Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All

UPR Rear Bumper Inserts???

  • Thread starter Thread starter szer0
  • Start date Start date Aug 1, 2004

szer0

New Member
Sep 7, 2003
354
0
0
Selinsgrove, PA
Aug 1, 2004
#1
  • Aug 1, 2004
  • #1
Hey, I really can't afford to get stainless steel bumper inserts right now so I was considering getting a set of UPR's "Chrome" vinyl bumper inserts. Are those any good? Will they fall off when I wash or anything? Will they look crappy?

And uh, will they get messed up if I get wax on them? (I get wax everywhere )
 

myponyrocks

I have more billet on the Stang than most women ha
Apr 18, 2004
1,219
0
37
Aug 1, 2004
#2
  • Aug 1, 2004
  • #2
anything vinyl will fall apart after a few years, save the money and wait for your SS ones.
 
L

LCGimp

Founding Member
Jan 10, 2002
68
0
0
Oregon City, OR
Aug 1, 2004
#3
  • Aug 1, 2004
  • #3
They stick on pretty well and make it look alot better. I paid 6 bucks for mine off ebay I think. Seems worth it to me even if I have to replace them ever few years.
 

Reimann

Puss > me
Jun 16, 2003
2
3
59
Wherever I May Roam
Aug 4, 2004
#4
  • Aug 4, 2004
  • #4
I agree with LCGimp. I paid $7 (shipping included) for mine a year and a half ago and no problems. When I first put them on I was afraid they might coming off in a car wash or something but nothing like that ever happened.
 

myponyrocks

I have more billet on the Stang than most women ha
Apr 18, 2004
1,219
0
37
Aug 4, 2004
#5
  • Aug 4, 2004
  • #5
I wasnt saying vinyl sucks, I have a few misclanious pieces on the car, it does fall apart eventually. If you were going for a color other than chrome, aluminum, whatever metal I would say go for it, but youre just better off hunting on e-bay for 40 dollar or less SS inserts.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
For Sale 94 Cobra 408w AOD Project For Sale
  • Labora
  • Oct 11, 2024
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
3
Views
1K
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Aug 17, 2026
Labora
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
J
Progress Thread Family member 1989 GT- Backstory and updates
  • JRC99
  • Apr 19, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
15
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 26, 2025
JRC99
J
7
For Sale Cobra II part out
  • 76_Cobraii_mustang
  • Dec 15, 2023
  • Mustang II Parts
Replies
8
Views
3K
Mustang II Parts Oct 31, 2024
78GhiaMustang2
7
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?