VENT: Stupid ****ing idiots.

fawcett said:
Dude I finished college last summer. Missing registration isnt always the worst thing. You have atleast a week until after classes start to start worrying. When you go to school talk to everyone and find out who the top dog is on campus (teacher/academic advisor wise). Get on his/her good side and make him get you in your classes after you explain your situation. While you are waiting for him to say good **** about you, talk to the teachers of the classes you want, get on their good side. Basically network your ass off, present yourself well dress/look like an honest hard working kid.

Whats going to happen is that there will be some students dropping out of "most" of the classes you want. Granted you have great skills (I did), you can set yourself up to get those spots before others who are signed up and inline for those classes. If everything doesnt work out bang out your core requirements (you gotta do them anyways). do your best to stay away from 8am classes-those are really hard after a night out and when you get tested you have the least amount of time to cram (because the test is at 8am duh)

Dont be bummed about not having your books, you will quickly learn that buying books doesnt matter until after a few days of classes. You will miss the long line of college newbies trying to get their books before they are even needed-tests dont start for a couple weeks and quizes dont mater that much should you get a pop-quiz. Also your bookstore is going to rip you off, find used books save yourself hundreds-shop online its easy.

i went through it all man, pm me for any advice you need
oh yeah join a fraturnaty, dont puss out on that one. my house rocked the school.

that thing about you not getting in on the right year sounds like a quick fix-just be cool about it and dont piss anyone off. if your an ass hole chances are that youll get f-ed on your classes.

-fawcett

Spelling aside:D , this is a great post and right on the money. I did plenty of registering the day before classes start trying to get into certain classes.

University / Colleges / whatever exist to MAKE MONEY. They're a business, don't forget it. They have a service, they expect money for it. You'll never get anywhere if you count on them for anything. Especially at this time of year! You gotta be proactive and hound them.

Adam

• Sponsors (?)

Wow what a load off my chest. I finally got everything straightened out. She didnt realise I was a first time freshman so she sent my stuff to the wrong place. I finally got everything straight and am going to orientation on monday.

you guys start pretty early in the year...what time are you out for xmas break? I know my classes don't start until around sept. 12th.

A couple words of advice. NEVER buy books before you've gone to your first class...a couple of reasons

1. you don't know if you're going to like the class, some lab/course packages are non returnable and sometimes they are $60+...so if you end up dropping the class (and you will do this) you're out of money

2. Some of the books they tell you that you need, you don't actually need. This is up to you to determine. when you get your syllabus you'll know what you have to read and when.

3. The lineups are horrendous during frosh week...lots of freshmen wiener kids (lol no offense) not knowing what they're doing...you don't need that hassle

You're going to be in for a lot of reading...be prepared...and don't fall behind (even though you will)...cause it's a lot harder to catch up than to stick with it.

Try to read as much as possible before writing an essay/paper/test requiring writing. This allows you access to lots of important information, but even more important, it will sharpen your writing skills substantially...you'll find yourself thinking and writing like the articles/books you've just been reading.

You'll find out what classes you need to attend regularly and which you can afford to miss. try to hit all that you can...cause once you allow yourself to miss one for no good reason, you're setting precedent for your future

Like fawcett said, dress well, present yourself in a professional manner, and don't speak out like a douche in classes...- your profs will like you, and you'll get better marks. the difference between a B+ and an A- can be very important...if they like you, they'll bump you up to the next level

uhhhhh that's all I've got for now...

going into 4th year in the fall...:nice: