VENT: Stupid ****ing idiots.

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
I just got a call from my dad saying he got a letter from the school I had applied too. But before I tell you this I need to give you some background. School starts on the 21st, not long at all. I called them like 2 months ago and asked them if they knew anything about my registration cause I hadnt heard ****. They told me that it was still being processed. I tild the girl "I sent it in like 3 months ago and school starts in like 2 months." She said "Well we have you down for the fall of '07"

NO I told her to change me to the fall of '06, she said she did and I was accepted and my letter would be in the mail. Well 2 weeks later I called them again casue no letter had came yet. Someone else told me that they didnt have my HS transcript. I ****ing got them a stamped copy from the state and they told me I was accepted last time I called. Then she told me that it was on an electronic system that updates and it wont finish till friday (2 days later)

I called friday, finally some progress. They told my my acceptance letter had been sent out on the 10th. I saud "Thank God now I can finally schedule my classes." She said, "yea"

So today my dad get this letter, calls me and asks if he can open it. I told him sure. He reads it " We are proud blah blah accepted to the Fall '07 semester. I just immediately screamed ****. He didnt catch on at first then was pretty pissed too. So tommorrw I have to take off of ****ing work because some ****ing idiot can change one ****ing number in a ****ing computer. Ill end up getting the ****tiest classes, prolly wont be able to work around my classes and have to quit my job. This is just ****ing rediculous.

So basically, they got my info wrong, lost it, told me I was accepted when I wasnt yet, and STILL registered me for the wrong ****ing semester. I could have already had my classes scheduled, and gotten all my books, EVERYTHING. But now Im going to prolly endd up starting my freshman year a few days late, and im gonna finally get registed like a day or 2 before school actually starts.

• Sponsors (?)

That SUCKS dude. What school u apply to? I'm going to asu starting on the 21st. They havent messed up like that with me yet. Hope u get it fixed...thats a long time to wait to go to school

red ink said:
That SUCKS dude. What school u apply to? I'm going to asu starting on the 21st. They havent messed up like that with me yet. Hope u get it fixed...thats a long time to wait to go to school
University of Louisiana in Lafayette. www.ull.edu

And its even longer considering I took 2 years off after I graduated to make some money. Thats one of the main reasons this is so frustrating.

red ink said:
Is it possible for u to go to campus? Just go talk to a counsellor. Seems like they will try harder in person just to get you out of their hair.
Im going tommorrow. Im gonna raise so much hell they might just give me my degree. lol

lol u better. Since its a University Im sure they will cater to your needs. I would expect something like this to happen at a Junior College. Try and get free tuition and threaten with a lawyer. :owned:

red ink said:
lol u better. Since its a University Im sure they will cater to your needs. I would expect something like this to happen at a Junior College. Try and get free tuition and threaten with a lawyer. :owned:
My dad is coming with me and hes the Assistant DA and a lawyer. :D

Hopefully they didn't screw it up too bad. Seems like if they accepted you for '07, it may be impossible for them to accept you this year if all openings are full. Not trying to scare you or anything, but this is what it sounds like.
Just because it's a University doesn't mean they'll cater to crap; usually Universities are the worst at dealing with the problems they cause.
My roommate just transferred to my University from a private college, and they failed to give him a list of his approved classes from the private college in time for him to register(He gave them all spring and summer semesters to do so). To make matters worse, they wouldn't allow him to take electives in the meantime, so he's going to a community college for the fall semester.

1994Vib.RedGT said:
damn, you havent registered for fall yet? I registered my fall classes back in the beginning of April.

He is a little late, but that's almost normal if you're just starting at the school.
UCF requires a 2-day Orientation for freshmen, and they register at orientation(can't do it before). I didn't know this when I started 4 years ago and I had to jump into the last orientation that was in late July.

1994Vib.RedGT said:
damn, you havent registered for fall yet? I registered my fall classes back in the beginning of April.
I sent in all my stuff like 3-4 months ago. But no, for some reason im not registered yet.

I know they let people register up to 2 weeks into the sememster, so I WILL ge tto enroll this sememster.

The Green GT said:
I know they let people register up to 2 weeks into the sememster, so I WILL ge tto enroll this sememster.

Registering and getting accepted are two different things though.
All I'm saying is you have no evidence that you were accepted for fall '06 other than the girl saying she changed it and you were accepted. If they have you in the system, you should be okay, and they'll let you register.
But if the girl screwed up and didn't put your ap in for '06, they will have to do so tom., and the chances of you getting accepted the week before school starts is slim to nil. Hopefully the girl wasn't a complete moron.

Dude I finished college last summer. Missing registration isnt always the worst thing. You have atleast a week until after classes start to start worrying. When you go to school talk to everyone and find out who the top dog is on campus (teacher/academic advisor wise). Get on his/her good side and make him get you in your classes after you explain your situation. While you are waiting for him to say good **** about you, talk to the teachers of the classes you want, get on their good side. Basically network your ass off, present yourself well dress/look like an honest hard working kid.

Whats going to happen is that there will be some students dropping out of "most" of the classes you want. Granted you have great skills (I did), you can set yourself up to get those spots before others who are signed up and inline for those classes. If everything doesnt work out bang out your core requirements (you gotta do them anyways). do your best to stay away from 8am classes-those are really hard after a night out and when you get tested you have the least amount of time to cram (because the test is at 8am duh)

Dont be bummed about not having your books, you will quickly learn that buying books doesnt matter until after a few days of classes. You will miss the long line of college newbies trying to get their books before they are even needed-tests dont start for a couple weeks and quizes dont mater that much should you get a pop-quiz. Also your bookstore is going to rip you off, find used books save yourself hundreds-shop online its easy.

i went through it all man, pm me for any advice you need
oh yeah join a fraturnaty, dont puss out on that one. my house rocked the school.

that thing about you not getting in on the right year sounds like a quick fix-just be cool about it and dont piss anyone off. if your an ass hole chances are that youll get f-ed on your classes.

-fawcett

1994Vib.RedGT said:
haha yea really, out university seems more interested in making money than catering to you.

That's the thing that pisses me off about public universities. My parents paid for my ass to go to private school from K-12. Now that I'm finally getting our tax dollars worth by going to a public university, I still have to pay tuition, not to mention a $100 late fee I was charged once because the school's registering system gave me the wrong due date. Granted the tuition is low, but I still pay. I think public school kids in K-12 should pay a similar tuition fee to take the burden off tax payers who send their kids to private schools and those who don't have kids in the first place. But that makes way too much sense I guess.

Well I called them this morning, turns out I was accepted for fall of '07 and fall of '06
lol

Now I have to actually get in touch with my dept and get directions so I can schedule my classes. I wish they would answer the damn phone.