very important question

latinpapichulo

Apr 21, 2004
since there are many mustang-smart people here, can one of you answer this? i recently bought a 2000 v6 convertible and the entire axle assembly needs to be replaced. well, i have a 98 v6 and the axle assembly is in perfect condition, it even has less miles on it. Now, i know they are different styles but am i able to use the 98 axle assembly on a 2000 or would that cause some problems to the vehicle. thanks for your answers, apreciate it.

• Sponsors (?)

latinpapichulo said:
since there are many mustang-smart people here, can one of you answer this? i recently bought a 2000 v6 convertible and the entire axle assembly needs to be replaced. well, i have a 98 v6 and the axle assembly is in perfect condition, it even has less miles on it. Now, i know they are different styles but am i able to use the 98 axle assembly on a 2000 or would that cause some problems to the vehicle. thanks for your answers, apreciate it.

The ends are the same. Swap is straight forward. Only difference between both stangs is the body and engine(intake part).