Hi,

New to this forum. Wondering if anyone would have any suggestions on a vibration that is felt from 2300rpm+ which is making my car pretty unbearable to drive at any speed above 45.. I've replaced the ujoints front and rear on the driveshaft this past summer. Tires are "fairly" new but it doesn't hop like a abnormal tire..

Car :
1970, C4 trans, and 8in axle. The tire/rim size is different too, r14rims with 55 series front, r15 with 60 series rear.. Pinion angle?
It also slams extremely hard into reverse which I am wondering if it could be connected to the vibrations.

Thanks!
Kyle.

• Sponsors (?)

Did the vibes show up after u did the ujoints? Driveshaft may not be centered causing the wobble. If your tires have hi/lo spots thatll cause vibes n road noise. Maybe your wheels need balancing or the suspensions worn eating the tires.

shem

It had a minor vibration before I did the ujoint but it's gotten worse. I'll check those areas you addressed. Thanks! Been reading up on here and other areas, some say "clock" the driveshaft, mark it and find the natural balance? I marked it when I removed it before but maybe the people before me did not. Hmm.

Thanks,

Kyle

It doesn't shake too bad in neutral above 2300, there is a minute vibration but on another note it may be time for new motor mounts, been watching the engine when I shift it, she jumps down hard right.
I do think your on with that driveshaft maybe being the culprit, this winter I might pull it and have it checked over, balance and damage.

Kyle

The motor moving down is normal when going into gear. If It goes down n shakes too then u got a bad motor mount. That wouldnt make the car feel like its shaking itself apart. Leave it in 1st and see if u get the same wobble around 2300rpms. Or just throw another driveshaft at it, should be able to find one cheap

shem