• Sponsors (?)

I love the roush sound just as much as my borla s-type.. I had no idea they were both made by borla. Definitely very different sound though. Brian, I live in Ohio. I can do long tubes because there's no smog check in my county but I bet I'd have to upgrade to a 3" borla or different catback altogether to get the sound right

@Street Renegade Excellent choice of color, rims, and exhaust. Good to know there's an exact match to mine out there! (well almost, mine are S-types from a '13 forced to fit my '15)
Awesome! I never imagined myself owning a bright orange Mustang but it was the only one they had left in manual 5.0 so they cut me a good deal on it.. I ended up falling in love with the color, wouldn't change it for anything (except MAYBE Grabber Blue)

I do plan on changing the wheels soon. I wish I didn't have to (they look great) but they aren't wide enough in the rear at all and 19" - 20" rims just look better on these big body mustangs

Reactions: 1 user
I love Grabber Blue but I love Competition Orange just as much. I've already made the commitment to keep this Mustang for life if possible lol. I'm a little obsessed with it, it's my first new car

One day I'm gonna build a convertible '66 Mustang and paint it grabber blue or some kind of custome sky blue, it's gonna be a custom retro build big power-big torque windsor stroker.. Whereas my current mustang is gonna be more of a full bolt-on car

My wife hates it too, but I pay the bills so I got what I wanted. When I found it, it checked all the boxes, grabber blue, 6 speed manual, performance pack, convertible. It's exactly what I wanted so I jumped on it before someone else snatched it up.

My fiance likes grabber blue a lot. I'm lucky that she pretty much gets behind whatever I want to do, especially with cars. She's like "competition orange? I wouldn't choose it but it's great for you"... "loud aftermarket exhaust? I would never do that but it's your car".. I'm gonna have to make sure she stays that way

Mine is more of a "trying to get my ole lady interested in SOMETHING" kinda car. I actually wanted a 1969 Fastback to play with and make my own. But I also wanted something that she could drive. And by that I mean, something that has extremely good breaks that wouldn't be loaded in the back of a BMW on the interstate one day.

I was actually very close to buying this car.

http://www.streetsideclassics.com/vehicles/3303-atl/1969-ford-mustang-boss-302-tribute

I was going to put an actual Boss 302 Motor, A/C, Wilwood Brakes, Ridetec Complete Suspension and few other extras. I figure after I get her into a little more then I'll go down that road.

Nice car, it looks really convincing for a tribute car. At least they got the hips correct. The 69 boss 302 was the only 69 fastback that didn't have the scoops right behind the door high up on the quarter panel (the hips of the car). They either filled them in or started with a 70 shell. Check the vin and see if it's titled as a 69 or a 70. Unless you want to go for the complete look, there is no need to put in a real boss 302. The real boss 302's were a 4 bolt windsor block with 4 bbl cleveland heads. Modern windsor based heads flow better than the old 4v cleve heads ever did. You could easily build a 400+ hp windsor based small block that will run circles around a real one for far less than what a real one will cost you.

Actually ford racing has a 302 based 363 small block that puts out 500 hp on pump gas for under 10K if you shop around. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-Z2363FT

I actually looked up the vin on it.

It is a 69 fastback from the factory. But it was born with a six cylinder! Cause it was born with a six cylinder it came without those vent holes you are talking about!

I know what you mean about the Boss 302 Motor! I also seriously considered buying the car and using it as a platform for a Boss 429 resto mod. Jon Kase racing in California sells the Boss 429 heads.

But all that is down the road a couple years and after the new house is built and completed.

Nice car, it looks really convincing for a tribute car. At least they got the hips correct. The 69 boss 302 was the only 69 fastback that didn't have the scoops right behind the door high up on the quarter panel (the hips of the car). They either filled them in or started with a 70 shell. Check the vin and see if it's titled as a 69 or a 70. Unless you want to go for the complete look, there is no need to put in a real boss 302. The real boss 302's were a 4 bolt windsor block with 4 bbl cleveland heads. Modern windsor based heads flow better than the old 4v cleve heads ever did. You could easily build a 400+ hp windsor based small block that will run circles around a real one for far less than what a real one will cost you.

Actually ford racing has a 302 based 363 small block that puts out 500 hp on pump gas for under 10K if you shop around. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-Z2363FT

I must be thinking about something else in California. But you see where I was going with it!

I'm not willing to bet the farm on it. But I think all the V8 4bbl cars had the ducts but the Boss 302 and any fastbacks outside of those didn't have the ducts either. I'm not 100% on that, it's just something I think one of my Dad's cranky old friends told me.

John Kaase racing engines are in Winder Georgia, not crazyfornia.

http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.com/html/contact_us.html

I didn't know the straight six fastbacks didn't have the hip ducts, I thought it was only the boss 302's that came w/o them.

Lol this thread's getting way off topic so I'll just say it here... I just ordered a set of 20"SVE series-2 staggered wheeks 8.5/10"... and some dope tires (255/35/20 ohtso up front and 275/35/20 nitto nt05's out back)... I'm so excitedI'm flipping out, can't tell anybody else about... Hoping my fiance doesnt kill me when she finds out, and I'm definitely gonna have to save up for a good honeymoon for her if I'm gonna spend all this $$$ on the car

Sounds Awesome!!!

But in the crowd I run in, it's generally known "Pics or it didn't happen"!!!! And that covers everything from Cars to Girls!!!!! HaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol this thread's getting way off topic so I'll just say it here... I just ordered a set of 20"SVE series-2 staggered wheeks 8.5/10"... and some dope tires (255/35/20 ohtso up front and 275/35/20 nitto nt05's out back)... I'm so excitedI'm flipping out, can't tell anybody else about... Hoping my fiance doesnt kill me when she finds out, and I'm definitely gonna have to save up for a good honeymoon for her if I'm gonna spend all this $$$ on the car