Vintage 48s, but in 15x7 or 15x8?

• Sponsors (?)

Why do you want 15s? I'm all for having a little more sidewall for a "classic" look, but I think the 16s are a perfect compromise between stock and all out modified. I've got 245/50/16 DRs on the back of my '67 without any fender mods (have a Versailles axle though) and 225/50/16s in the front. Had to roll the fenders slightly in the front and car does have the Shelby drop.

Why do you want 15s? I'm all for having a little more sidewall for a "classic" look, but I think the 16s are a perfect compromise between stock and all out modified. I've got 245/50/16 DRs on the back of my '67 without any fender mods (have a Versailles axle though) and 225/50/16s in the front. Had to roll the fenders slightly in the front and car does have the Shelby drop.

I dunno, depending on the wheel style, some 16s just look too big to me. I haven't seen any Vintage 48s on Mustangs earlier than '69, so I'm not sure how they would look in 16" on my car. I'm also trying to keep the cosmetics as period-correct as I can, and that's going to be a '68 Trans-Am look. For the record, I have a 1957 9" rear, so it's the same width as a Versailles. I'm also going to do the Shelby drop. I'm running Mopar 15x7 steels right now and I didn't check the offset, but with the narrower 9" I have about 1.5" between the tire and leaf spring.

I've seen the same style wheel in both 14 and 15" sizes, so I know someone makes them.

p137242_image_large.jpg

orangecarnew.jpg

Attachments

• p137242_image_large.jpg
    p137242_image_large.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 220
  • orangecarnew.jpg
    orangecarnew.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 944
Heck yeah, the Minilite "Trans Am" bolt-on model is exactly what I was after. I'm emailing them right now to get a price on some 15x8s.

I don't expect them to be cheap, so other options, if anyone knows of any, ar still welcome.

EDIT: Torque Thrusts are the old standby, but I want 48s dangit!

Why's everyone gotta copy my stuff.. :)

I got the 16x8s from VWW... I picked up the cosmetically blemished set cause I was gonna paint them anyways. Be prepared for a shocker on the minilites... if i remember correctly it was gonna be like 1500+ to 3000 for them depending on what options you wanted.

ON a light thread jack... anyone know where to find the extra long lug nuts like in the pic... or the trans-am ones (cylinder with the hex like half way down)?

Why's everyone gotta copy my stuff.. :)

I got the 16x8s from VWW... I picked up the cosmetically blemished set cause I was gonna paint them anyways. Be prepared for a shocker on the minilites... if i remember correctly it was gonna be like 1500+ to 3000 for them depending on what options you wanted.

ON a light thread jack... anyone know where to find the extra long lug nuts like in the pic... or the trans-am ones (cylinder with the hex like half way down)?

Cuz I have good taste and eveyone else are jockers. :D.

Man, even 1500 is too much just for wheels. It's not like some specialty design...there has to be someone else tha makes them for a realistic price. I mean jeez, I might as well get Forgelines or something.

Not really a hijacking because I'd like to get some long lug nuts like that too.