want to turbo my 94 stang

• Sponsors (?)

That only applies for turbocharged then. What if I supercharge it? Since theres no boost lag, would 4.10 be alright?

I realize that 4.10 is more for acceleration over top speed, but personally I would rather have a better 0-60 time then a outstanding quarter mile time.

Oh make no mistake about it your 0-60 will BLOW with 4.10s and a power adder. Trying to get traction will be a joke even with drag radials. So understand that 0-60 and quarter mile will be better with 3.55s.

You can't choose gears without knowing every detail of the build. Example: A 5.0 with a 60mm turbo and stock other than that would be fine with the stock gears (what were they, 2.90s?). Example 2: A 5.0 with a 74mm turbo would do better with 3.73 gears. The examples can go on and on. If you have a big enough turbo I don't see a problem with running 4.10 gears.

You can't choose gears without knowing every detail of the build. Example: A 5.0 with a 60mm turbo and stock other than that would be fine with the stock gears (what were they, 2.90s?). Example 2: A 5.0 with a 74mm turbo would do better with 3.73 gears. The examples can go on and on. If you have a big enough turbo I don't see a problem with running 4.10 gears.

Maybe you haven't read the entire thread. They are talking about a 1500 turbo set up. :eek: How large do you think that is going to be? Anything can be "possible" but you are getting out of context. Wouldn't that be the "I am building a large turbo set up " thread?? :shrug::jaw:

ya im just gonna test it out for awhile and see how it goes...
i dont really wanna downgrade gears cause i love having that kick of those gears
and im not gettin the turbo for atleast a month but hopefully it works out with my gears

Maybe you haven't read the entire thread. They are talking about a 1500 turbo set up. :eek: How large do you think that is going to be? Anything can be "possible" but you are getting out of context. Wouldn't that be the "I am building a large turbo set up " thread?? :shrug::jaw:

Yea I know, I was just giving examples. This $1,500 turbo kit is a joke IMO. Just buy a B&G turbo kit or a Pony down. Atleast then you can get help when you need it. Brian at B&G gave me his cellphone while I was putting my turbo kit on and told me to call his cell if I needed help after his shop had closed. I'm sure this $1,500 company will offer that...

mustangking101
Yes but you posted here for experienced advice. Keeping the gears is a bad idea. What the guys are trying to tell you is you will have a mis-matched combo which is useless money spent. Examples:

- A guy who wants to put a supercharger on his car just so he can say "I have a supercharger." End result, he blows up his engine b/c he does not have the right size injectors or a forged crank.

- The guy who recently put a H/C/I in his car with automatic and 2.73's and got mad because it was SLOWER $3000 later.

- The guy who wanted big block power from a 414c.i. with 302 heads and intake and got mad because he got embarrassing rwhp #'s (me).

If you are going to do it, do it right.

Maybe its one of these ebay kits:

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-93-Ford-Mustang-Cobra-GT-LX-Twin-Turbo-Kit-80-81-82_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem330319353290QQitemZ330319353290QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories"> Turbo Kit</a>

nothing wrong with that kit! This guys running the exact same one :D YouTube - 8 second twin turbo mustang peace

john:p