wanting 12's really bad

lxwants12's

New Member
Sep 22, 2004
506
0
0
ok guys i got an 89 lx conv. i have made the following mods...tfs heads, intake , e303 cam, double roller timing chain, 1.6 trick flow rockers, hardned pushrods, 75 mm maf sensor, bbk 190 pump, adjustable furl regulator, fenderwell cold air intake, hurst short shift, 3.73 gears, king cobra clutch, griffen 3 core aluminum rad, electric fans, pulleys, bbk long tubes with short h pipe and no cats, flowmaster mufflers, kenny brown sub frames, lower chassis brace, msd coil, msd cap and rotor, and 6al ignition box, ford racing 9 mm wires, what else would i need ot be in at least high 12's? chip? bigger injectors? any help would be appreciated
 
You didn't mention anything about your injectors so I'll assume they're the stock 19 lb injectors. 39 lbs sounds about right. When you get it dyno'd you getting a custom chip burned? I also didn't see mention of your TB. As far as putting it all to the ground well... I'm working that same situation. I was considering the Steeda 5 Link 2 system.
 
What altitude are you at? I say your setup will get you 12's easy around sea level with slicks or Drag radials. 39psi sounds about right, I set mine to about 39-40 psi (with vaccum) 44-45psi with out, on my 331, but the dyno will let you know. Just drive it like you stole it, and you should see 12's.
 
tb

got a 70mm throttle body with spacer, injectors are stock, thinkin bout gettin bbk uppers and lowers and i dont wanna run with slicks i will be using drags
and as fas as a chip thats what was askin b4..should i get one? will it help?
 
I think that combo has 12s easily with a set of tires (ET Streets, Quick Time Pros, Slicks, maybe even DRs). It definately should have all the power it needs, just needs to get it to the ground! Street tires might be tough but still possible...

Dyno it, tune it (although I think a chip is useless) get some tires and you should be well in the 12s!
 
If you have stock injectors (19's)...your car is going to run way lean at 39psi...and run lean anyways...

I have a similar combo to yours and I have 30lb injectors at 39psi...
 
get 24# injectors and forget about getting a chip.. when you get it dynotuned they will do everything that a chip would do.. and when the dyno tuner does it, it will be custom to your car.. not just some general program that a company made up for a 5.0 mustang.. you'll run 12s easily with that combo