warm weather guys stay away...I don't want to hear it lol

rbonella

Dec 15, 2008
@ home
Well, It's supposed to snow 6+ inches tonight so I took the mustang for probably the last run in 2010 last night. It was 24 degrees out and the car ran like a raped ape....always dose when it's cold. I always hate this time of year because I know that it will be months before I can pull the car out and run it again. I put about 50 miles on it last night driving it around town and had a blast! QUESTION.......I have ran my BF Goodrich DR's for 3 summers now and have been told that I will probably want to replace them this spring. Obviously I do not beat this car too bad for I have plenty of tread left on the tires....Is it a good idea to simply replace them due to how long I have had them? How long have you guys ran your DR's? Being a mustang owner in the midwest sucks when the snow is flyin!!! Happy Holidays!

• Sponsors (?)

I should add that my car sits in the garage during the winter months with a car cover but the temps inside the garage easily get below freezing sometimes. I've heard that DR's do not like to be frozen cold?

The worst that will happen is they will get a little hard and mabye not be as sticky next year, if they still had tread on them i'd run em till they were at least down to the wear bars. I usually run my drag radials till the belts are just about showing. Tires are too expensive, and i like burnouts too much.

I know how you feel. here in LA it rained all damn week and since my car leaks, I had it covered up all week. now that the rain is gone I already went and drove it. where? who cares? I just drove it.

but you heavy winter guys... I would not want to be in your place lol.

Eh, awd drifting is kinda fun :)

How old are the tires? There should be date codes on the tires. 5-6 years is the max age. Drag radials might get a little harder with the cold, but they should be good for maybe 1 more summer,

We have had bad weather here since right after Thanksgiving, the Stang has been in the garage with a cover over her, looking forward to Spring to get her back out again!!!

yeah jersey shores been getting more snow than us last year and this year. I was in Avalon a week and a half ago and there was snow on the beach and boards. I think it warms up a little for January and February and we dont get as much as last year.

The Escape is ok in the snow needs to be higher though.

How old are the tires? There should be date codes on the tires. 5-6 years is the max age. Drag radials might get a little harder with the cold, but they should be good for maybe 1 more summer,

I agree, you could also put it on jack stands to take the weight off the tires.

It was 24 degrees here this week so I can reply to this right?:)

I'm going to use jack stands this winter, that should help. Today is 50 degrees with a severe cold front coming late this afternoon bringing freezing rain/sleet which will switch to snow by tomorrow morning....3-5 more inches expected. :nice: