Warped Door Panel Fix?

TheBocSez

Feb 3, 2004
Converse, TX
The door panels for my 91 Vert are warped on the bottom, Kinda wavey. Not terrible but would like for them to be flat like they are supposed to be. Other than this, they are in very good shape. No rips, tears, or rot.

Does anyone know of a way to repair this? I was thinking maybe applying steam or some water and lying it flat with a heavy object pressing it to keep it flat until it dries. Would that work? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

even if adding steam or water fixes the problem, it is only temporary. It will eventually warp again. I would suggest going to the home depot or any major hardware store and buying a piece of material similar to what the doorpanels are made of. i think theyre some sort of particle carboard. take apart your door panel, trim the new material similar to the doorpanel and attach your door panel vinyl material to the new cutout panel. good luck.

Do you have a vert? also, there should be drain holes built into the door, be sure these are functional. They are warping due to bad seals, bad dew wipes, etc and the water coming in. DOn't even bother to put new door panels on until you fix the leak problem. We did on my bro's ttop, and the new ones warped within months. You may be able to seal the door off behind the panels with plastic, though we haven't tried that yet.

I agree, moisture is what gave you the problem in the first place, so to steam them just compounds the problem.

You'll either have to fabricate yourself new panels or look for a set at a junkyard god willing you can find the correct colour.

Best to get any kind from the junkyard and carefully transfer your current interior panelling over to the new ones.