Warped Tour...

zZsKyZz

Dec 1, 2005
Alright, before you guys read this, know that I've been going for six years and have always been a fan of punk music [mostly minor threat, the offspring, green day, rancid, social distortion, etc..].

Every year I go to warped tour because I like to have some fun with my friends, see some good bands, and just have a good time. But each year I notice that the crowd gets younger [which is fine by me, it's expected] and the bands just keep getting crappier. Since when is it cool to wear pink? Since when is it cool for guys to wear make-up and cry, then write about it in their online journal that they later complain about if nobody reads it...

Back in my day, it was about having fun, doing **** you're not suppost to, blowing **** up, and drinking beers. What ever happened to real punk music? Not this "Sit down and cry" music.

Buddy, you're not cool. Cut your damn hair, take off the make-up, and stop wearing girls pants.

• Sponsors (?)

Warped Tour doesn't even have many punk bands anymore. Warped has turned into a scene thing so they're gearing up more towards the emo crowd.

I'm not surprised that NoFX isn't playing. They were the definition of punk. They see that the tour is going down the drains.

There are a few good bands in this years tour, but nothing I want to spend the money to go see.

Part of the pacifism off newer music can be partly traced back to Minor Threat and their straight edge movement. I really don't like Minor Threat and their straight edge ;)

Good bands in this years tour:

The Vandals (playing one day)
MC Chris (Eventhough he's not punk, he's still funny. Nerd rap!)
Flogging Molly
Circle Jerks
Bad Religion (Honestly, how can you say you're part of the punk scene and don't like bad religion?)

i went to the warped tour about 4 years ago in charlotte. it was fantastic. there was a lot of great bands. my favorite ones were alkaline trio, mxpx, nofx, lagwagon, bad religion, new found glory and a bunch of others. i agree that its gotten to outta hand with the emo kids. i dont get it. they look more and more girly every year. the tight jeans kill me.

i know this is an old thread but the tour just hit my area last week. I agree i used to go to warped tour ever year back in the 90's. I havent gone in years and decided to go for it since i like KsE. Wow.. i felt like a fossil. The crowd was so young (wich isnt bad) but the music was HORRIBLE. I got in a heated argument with a girl in the crowd because she said it looked like i wasnt having fun and i replied "im at a punk festival and i have seen 1 punk band all day." She seemed to take offense to that claiming that i was crazy and all these bands here are punk rock. I replied laughing um.. that guy on stage with makeup on crying on the "hurley" stage is not punk rock.. Bad religion was the only punk band i saw to that point and they had the smallest crowd of the day. Tiger army closed the day and NOBODY watched them. It was sad. Punk is dead i guess :(

I'm 26...my first Warped tour was when I was 15....

I haven't gone in years. Not quite the same now that bands like the Descendents, the Suicide Machines, Social Distortion aren't there...

Hell I was there the year that Limp Bizkit was on the tour, WAY before they got popular. No one knew who they were.

I'm 26...my first Warped tour was when I was 15....

I haven't gone in years. Not quite the same now that bands like the Descendents, the Suicide Machines, Social Distortion aren't there...

Hell I was there the year that Limp Bizkit was on the tour, WAY before they got popular. No one knew who they were.

lol i was at that one too. Played on the 3rd stage if i remember correctly. Guitar player had hair to his stomach and a leather girdle. I am ashamed to admit i actually liked there performance that day and grabbed 3 dollar bill the next day. Im so old i even was around when sublime played there.. but i think i was 13 when i went! :flag: