Water Mixed With Oil In Kenne Bell 1.5l

dwbro1

Mar 30, 2006
I may have the wrong forum but did not see one dedicated to chargers etc.

Ok my latest flub is after I painted the Kenne Bell (was looking bad) I went to change oil before I reinstalled it. Glad I did because I guess while washing it water somehow got into the case and the oil is milky. I quickly drained it out but now need to flush it clean before going any further. Any suggestions? I would prefer not to have to disassemble it as I'm not sure I could get the required seals and such since it is not in production any more. :(

• Sponsors (?)

What oil are you using? Was the blower run after this engine wash?

If the answers are "synthetic 50W" and "No or maybe" then drain it, refill it, and keep an eye on it for leaks and oil consumption.

I believe it was 90w synthetic in it when this happened. I refilled and drained it (yes I know the drain plug) about 3 times last night. I was hoping I could just fill/drain until I didn't see anymore water in it but was concerned if I had done any damage to the seals etc. by getting water in it already. I read some other similar type post, not in a supercharger, where they talked about all kinds of different things to run through them to absorb the water but given in that thread the device did not have seals I figured I better ask here.

Oh and no it has not been run since the "accident", still sitting on my bench. I did hand turn it over to try and get any oil backed up in it out.

Yeah kinda my thoughts too :) .. I'm hoping just a good flushing will suffice. I don't plan on keeping it much longer anyway, it's not going to come close to producing enough boost.

I am curious now though how water got into the chamber in the first place. hmm. Never disassembled one myself so not sure, is there a gasket on the exhaust side of the blower case (top)? If so I wonder if you can buy one.

I'm not sure either. There are some differences in the cases between the one you have and the one I have. There are also differences in the intakes. Yours has no by-pass so it definitely didn't get in that way. hehehe

I wouldn't worry too much. Double check that you are supposed to be running 90W oil. I'm pretty sure that they changed it to full synthetic 50W oil a couple of years into the production of the 2.2L.

I use the Redline in the one that I have. I've also used the Royal Purple. The more I think about it, the more I recall them changing the preferred oil.