Water Spot Removal + Undercoating Fender *Pics*

SRT Handz

I tripped & fell down and cut myself & got blood
Oct 10, 2004
La Mirada, CA
Problem: My rear fenders Were not black anymore because i cleaned all the dirt off and Now it was Red.

Solution: 3M Professional Grade Rubberized Undercoating

After asking alot of people and getting good responses from DetailingBliss, I decided to use the 3M Rubberized Undercoating. I was gonna use the Dupli-Color undercoating but said No Way after i messing with the sprayer in the store. I didnt like the way it looked.

Process:: Took out the Pressure Washer and cleaned the fenders. Used some CG Orange Degreaser Straight and a stiff bristle brush to get everything off. I got as much of the old black off as I could, and then sprayed the fenders.

I Used plastic sheeting and trash bags to cover everything from overspray. I also taped the edge of the fender.

This stuff goes on nice if you spray from a good distance. I like how it blasted the product on with pressure. It was a little windy outside, but no overspray because the pressure in the can put the coating where it needed to be. It took 2 cans to do bother fenders with 2 coats per fender.

Results: AMAZING!!! This is just the OEM look i was craving. I knew the 3M would give that OEM clean look. I noticed in pictures of the permatex, Rustoleum, and duplicolor undercoatings looked shiny.... This stuff looked perfect OEM clean. Matt but not dull.

See For Yourself!!!

IMG_2619Small.jpg

IMG_2623Small.jpg

IMG_2632Small.jpg

IMG_2626Small.jpg

IMG_2634Small.jpg

IMG_2638Small.jpg

Time for a Beer!!!

IMG_2639Small.jpg

IMG_2641Small.jpg

AFTER

IMG_2642Small.jpg

IMG_2648Small.jpg

I have been REALLY sick the last few days with some Flu BS.... I needed an excuse to leave my Bed because i was going CRAZY staying inside.

Problem: My house has REALY REALLY REALLY hard water. From years of washing my car at home with hard water, I developed water spots where on the outer side of the trunk seal in the Jams. The Water spots were REALLY BAD and VERY thick. I got sick of seeing the spots so i wanted them gone.

Solution: Chemical Guys Water Spot Remover

I decided to try CG Water Spot Remover on the problem and see what happens. The product itself is a Gel, so it doesnt drip and run where you dont want it to go. The Product itself smells HORRIBLE!! Its smells like Stinky ****** To me. Kinda Odd because every other CG product has a Great fruity smell.

Process:: I washed the area with Soapy water and Wiped with IPA. I then used the WaterSpotRemover with a MF towel and rubbed the area. The Product does not need alot of muscle, but needs some action to do the job. I used an MF towel for the large areas. I also noticed you need to keep the gel on the area, if it soaks into the towel, it doesnt work as well. I used a Brush to apply the gel to the crevasses and agitate. Once the job was done I rinsed with Water and wiped down with IPA

Results: AMAZING!!! The spots are GONE!!! I didnt even have to work hard to get them off!!! Awesome Product that is a MUST HAVE in the collection. This will come very handy in the future!!!

Before

IMG_2591Small.jpg

IMG_2593Small.jpg

IMG_2605Small.jpg

IMG_2607Small.jpg

IMG_2595Small.jpg

IMG_2601Small.jpg

After CG Water Spot Remover

IMG_2609Small.jpg

IMG_2611Small.jpg

IMG_2613Small.jpg

Final: 1Z Mettalic PolishWax + CG Jetseal109 + CG 50/50

IMG_2617Small.jpg

Quick NightShot Before Bedtime

IMG_2586Small.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

You have a hell of a lot more patience and dedication than I've got, thats for sure. There's no way in hell I'd spend the time to do something like that when I know that its only going to get dirty again in a week or two.

Sick job :nice:

Handz is the man when it comes to fine detailing. I think he is a detailer by trade as you can see by all the products on his work bench and have seen pics of other vehicles he's touched. I ALWAYS read his posts. His ride is immaculate.
I've had my '94 GT since new and have kept it in as good condition as I could. Not trying to brag, but lots of people are blown away by how clean I've kept it. But it DOES take A LOT of time. I have the same water spots under the trunk lid too and will be using the same process to get rid of mine. I cleaned my wheel wells really well at the end of last summer & resprayed them with a pretty good quality flat black paint and it looks factory fresh again. I take my cars to shows every now and then (I used to go every weekend) and these little details make a difference.

I look at it as a labor of love (or OCD) :D

nice work as always,

question, what do i use clean the trunk area. don't know the exact word for it,
but it's the spot at the bottom of trunk shocks and under back window, starting to rust,
i was thinking about removing trunk this summer, to RE paint that section OR use some
3M stuff
:shrug:

car looks awesome man. great attention to detail. very impressive product for the water spots.

i have a 2000 Mustang GT. the car has just over 88,000 miles and is silver. the paint is in very good condition but the front bumper is a disappointment. 88,000 miles of typical bug splatters. there are very few chips in the paint, just baked on insect remnants. the car is not a show car but i would like to make it look its best without having to have the front bumper resprayed. do you think the CG water spot remover would help any with these blemishes? i know what i have is not water spots but wasnt sure if it would help remove other imperfections. if not, any other suggestions?

zaino z-pc? Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover: Zaino Store

sorry for bugging you with the long question but obviously you seem to know your stuff. thanks man.