Weapon x Or MSD Coilpacks and a new intake ?

Tyler Munster

Jun 16, 2010
Boston MA
Hi has anyone ever used weapon-X coil packs are they better or are they the same as the MSD and should i do the coils at the same time. Ive been told it would be a good idea buy a new ford racing intake do to the fact that the stock is prone to cracking is this true do they flow any better

02 gt 5spd 58.5 k

• Sponsors (?)

02+ has the aluminum crossover on the intake, you dont need a new one.

Dont waste your money on an intake. Your stock heads/cams can only suck in so much air, making aftermarket intakes useless.

i agree with everyone on keeping the stock cop's.....BUT when it does come time to replace them i would recommend an after market brand ONLY for the reason that ford sell the stock ones for $90 a piece... that to me is pretty lame and the only reason i am running aftermarket on mine

Ya only reason I did msd's on mine is because one of my plugs blew out and took the coil pack with it and I got the msd's for $370. It seems to run a little smoother. And mine has 100k on th odo so I knew they couldn't be too far down the pipe on needing to be replaced.

Ya they usually last quite a while. Like I said the reason I did the msd's on mine is because I had to do 1 already and figured I would do new plugs and cop's together. And needless to say when I took my cop's out half of the boots tore off.

as everyone else mentioned i would stick with the stock motorcraft cop's unless you are having issues. i am currently running the Accel COP's along with a couple other people on this board and have had zero issues so far...