Weapon x Or MSD Coilpacks and a new intake ?

Tyler Munster

Jun 16, 2010
Boston MA
Hi has anyone ever used weapon-X coil packs are they better or are they the same as the MSD and should i do the coils at the same time. Ive been told it would be a good idea buy a new ford racing intake do to the fact that the stock is prone to cracking is this true do they flow any better

02 gt 5spd 58.5 k

02+ has the aluminum crossover on the intake, you dont need a new one.

Dont waste your money on an intake. Your stock heads/cams can only suck in so much air, making aftermarket intakes useless.

The general consensus is that the factory Ford coil packs perform better than any others on these cars. So unless yours are failing, there's no need to replace them.

i agree with everyone on keeping the stock cop's.....BUT when it does come time to replace them i would recommend an after market brand ONLY for the reason that ford sell the stock ones for $90 a piece... that to me is pretty lame and the only reason i am running aftermarket on mine

Ya only reason I did msd's on mine is because one of my plugs blew out and took the coil pack with it and I got the msd's for $370. It seems to run a little smoother. And mine has 100k on th odo so I knew they couldn't be too far down the pipe on needing to be replaced.

Ya they usually last quite a while. Like I said the reason I did the msd's on mine is because I had to do 1 already and figured I would do new plugs and cop's together. And needless to say when I took my cop's out half of the boots tore off.

as everyone else mentioned i would stick with the stock motorcraft cop's unless you are having issues. i am currently running the Accel COP's along with a couple other people on this board and have had zero issues so far...