Weighed my coupe today...

Well, I managed to get my coupe to a weigh scale today. It had 1/4 tank of gas, a battery charger and a large socket set in the trunk.

To my amazement...it was 2950lbs! Still have all my interior and sound deadening etc in it, which I will be removing soon, along with my air bag and a couple other things. Might get it under 2900lbs with all that stuff gone

Hmmmm and some of the peeps around here don't seem to think my car could weigh less than 2800lbs....

LoL i've gotta get my heads done so i can hit the scales. It's gonna be hilarious.

My notch came in at 2860 without me in it. Smog pump, a/c, sound deadening, spare tire and jack, no power options (except mirrors) and a variety of small things taken out, and aluminum heads. Next step is fiberglass hood and trunk.

I don't see a Gt weighing 180lbs more. Brackets/lights or not.

My lx hatch weighed 3160 with aluminum heads/subframes.

bloodreign - What all things have you done to lose weight? Power windows? Power locks? K-member? Removed a/c? etc...etc...

I agree with millhouse!

Well, the car has power mirrors, windows and locks and it big ass 408 sitting on the front end....on the weight reduction side, I haven't actually REMOVED anything yet really, but I have the Maximum Grip box from MM. Check out my sig.

I'm probly gonna toss out the sound deadening, windshield washer reservoir and a few other things to get it in the 28xx range, but I intend on keeping full interior

Let's see.....a GT typically has power everything, ground effects (which i don't know if anyone realises, but there's quite a bit of weight there), more sound deadening material, heavier seats, and that's aside from the added weight of the hatch over the coupe.