weird problem hopefully someone can help

my 95 cobra (specs in sig) has the really weird problem. every so often, like once a month or so, it just refuses to start. this problem just happens at random, and i have no idea why or what is causing the problem. it is getting fuel cause when i pull a plug you can smell gas, but the spark is just really really weak, and it will just crank and crank and not fire over. if i let the car sit for a few hours then go and try to crank it, it fires right up. I have no idea what the problem is and am hoping someone might have some ideas. This problem only happens very rarely and for no apparent reason.

• Sponsors (?)

First places to look would be the dizzy or TFI module... the dizzy is more likely...How many miles on it?? Pretty common on these...or should I say Fords...

Welcome to the forum...:nice:

It could be the stator (hall effect sensor) in the distributor. These are known to go bad on the 94-95's. If you can't figure anything else out, try getting a remanufacured dizzy to replace the old one. You could just try an replace the sensor and see what happens, but it's a pain in the butt.