Engine Weird thing happened tonight

thanks so much, guys for your help, this place is awesome. I'd like to buy everyone a beer actually lol not till I get her running again before the snow starts falling so I can put her to sleep for the winter.

• Sponsors (?)

Does the fuel pump run constantly?
Will it start with starting fluid?
if you 'popped' the clutch, like your foot slipped off the peddle, you may have jarred loose a wire.
do the checklist.
The fuel pump does run for a few seconds after i turn the key on like normal. Checked ecu it looks brand new no leaking capacitors, all wires by fuse box and fuses all good no loose wires. Just waiting for a new fuel pump relay and ecm relay hope this fixes my problem.

Also I have that Bama chip installed should it take it off maybe the tunes are corrupted somehow? See if it starts?
Looks like I might have a bad capacitor leaking a bit see the pic

Attachments

• 20221028_191840.jpg
    20221028_191840.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 48
Yes, that’s a leaking capacitor. The fluid inside is corrosive so it corrodes the legs until one side breaks loose.

It’s a 10 cent easy fix if you can solder.

Otherwise ECU exchange is $140ish.

I don’t know anyone that has used fox resto yet.

Yes, that’s a leaking capacitor. The fluid inside is corrosive so it corrodes the legs until one side breaks loose.

It’s a 10 cent easy fix if you can solder.

Otherwise ECU exchange is $140ish.

I don’t know anyone that has used fox resto yet.
OK I've also noticed when I turn the key to on position the check engine never lights up and did that for awhile....but it never lost power or anything it runs like a wet dream on 94 octain that's all I ever give her to drink.i run a Bama chip so she's tuned for 94 octain too.

just a quick update, I just shipped my A9L to ECU exchange. should be back in a couple of weeks thanks everyone for all your help.
will update again when I get it back, can't wait, it's like waiting to get a gift from Santa lol.....

just a quick update, I just shipped my A9L to ECU exchange. should be back in a couple of weeks thanks everyone for all your help.
will update again when I get it back, can't wait, it's like waiting to get a gift from Santa lol.....
Everytime the UPS, FedEx or prime truck pulls up its like Christmas here..... LOL... Best part is I know its for ME.......

Reactions: 2 users
OK I've also noticed when I turn the key to on position the check engine never lights up and did that for awhile....but it never lost power or anything it runs like a wet dream on 94 octain that's all I ever give her to drink.i run a Bama chip so she's tuned for 94 octain too.

The CEL is controlled by one of the transistors on the board. When the caps are bad, the operation of the transistors can be affects. Could be a sign of a bad ECU.

Or a burned out bulb

The CEL is controlled by one of the transistors on the board. When the caps are bad, the operation of the transistors can be affects. Could be a sign of a bad ECU.

Or a burned out bulb
Yes I will let you know when I get my ecu back and if the check engine light comes on again and if it starts up again. I bet it fires right up .

Reactions: 1 user
Just a quick update my ecu is repaired and on its way back to me from EcuExchange here is what they said..

SPECIFIC AREAS TO CHECK PRIOR TO REINSTALLATION : NONE, YOU ARE SAFE TO PLUG IN AND START AS NORMAL UPON RETURN.

The repair details below are generalized, if your computer has any short circuits or we suspect any wiring should be checked before reinstallation we will put specific details above.

Your computer will return ship ASAP, we do clean and seal the board for moisture intrusion as well as clean the outside.

The power supply in your computer was defective due to age, causing distortion on the system voltages. We replaced the power supply along with the capacitors and voltage regulators. which are common to fail and this will prevent future defects.

We also Replaced a couple other circuits which are known to fail while we were in there to prevent future failures.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We're always happy to help.

Is it ok to put my Bama chip in when I get it back?

Reactions: 1 user