Well thing are looking not so good!

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
Well went to work lastnight and there was 4 guy's packing up there tool's :jaw: ! Asked what's up? We are having a lay off! Yeah 4 from day's and 5 from swing! So i made it from this one , but in a couple of weeks there suppose to do away with swing altogether? So i could possible be getting cut on that one? They said they will take 2-3 from swing to day's and i told them to include me and they said that i could pos. go but there not shure who they are taking? I guess the reason they are giving is that the customer's arent paying the bill's and were low on fund's? But i kinda think they are just weeding people out? We are swamped with work just low on fund's i guess, hell Thursday and Friday this week i'm working 12's to get a press done. So well time will tell and we'll see, if anyone works were they do welding let me know or if where you work will start out at atleast $15.00 let me know. But then again if i get laid off then i'll draw unemployment from oregon and washington and i should get the max, if i go this route then i'm off to ohio for about a month or so to visit, damn that would be the longest road trip for the stang :nonono: . peace

john :p

• Sponsors (?)

Good luck man... I work in the auto industry and had a sweet job on second shift. Then they decided to cut second shift.... the past four years Ive only gotten to work during the summer time. However, January 1st is the lauch of the new vehicle and I'll be back to work for good !!!

oohsoobad2 said:
Good luck man... I work in the auto industry and had a sweet job on second shift. Then they decided to cut second shift.... the past four years Ive only gotten to work during the summer time. However, January 1st is the lauch of the new vehicle and I'll be back to work for good !!!
who do you work for? peace

That sucks man. It seems the economy in the NW is more stagnant than what is being reported. I am hearing of slowdowns and layoffs all over. My company is doing serious layoffs right now as well. Just let go of 1/2 the team in my dept. And my team, which at one time had 5 people, is now down to 2, and they are saying they wont be hiring anyone else for a while. So.. we have enough work for 5 people, and only 2 doing it... but at least we're working.

Good luck man, hope you do ok. One bright side to it, is there will always be a need for a good welder.

yeah i'm hoping for them to bring me to day's when the next lay off comes, but then we'll have day care for like $1,000- $1,200 for 2 kid's plus if i get moved to day's i 'll take the dollar cut for doing so, but hey it's better then the $17.50 one i'd take! but then again if i get laid off then i should get the max on unemployment and my wife's couson might be able to get me on with him remolding homes for $10.00 under the table! so that would be like $800 a week with unemployment? plus i'l get the hole summer off!!! :D brian that's cool they said last night PIR opens again in 3 weeks, how was the parade?? plus i might be able to pick up a couple side job's welding some people's stuff or fixing there car's? i can do anything except rebuild a tranny and rearend gear's? :shrug: everything from houses to hoes :D peace

codemonkey said:
That sucks man. It seems the economy in the NW is more stagnant than what is being reported. I am hearing of slowdowns and layoffs all over. My company is doing serious layoffs right now as well. Just let go of 1/2 the team in my dept. And my team, which at one time had 5 people, is now down to 2, and they are saying they wont be hiring anyone else for a while. So.. we have enough work for 5 people, and only 2 doing it... but at least we're working.

Good luck man, hope you do ok. One bright side to it, is there will always be a need for a good welder.

Ah, so that is what happened. Well at least you are still there! That is cool for you!

Patrick

Well i talked to my work lastnight and they are claiming that i'll be going to day's in a couple of weeks!!!!! So it look's to be that i'll be able to keep my job!!!! Now this way i can get to MONGOOSE's house to start and finish the build!!!!!!!!! OREDER THEM PARTS!!!!!!!!!!! **** at the rate were/your going i'll be in the 12's before the coupe will!!!!!! J/K :D :D :D peace