Welp, we finally broke it!

Nosfurato

Founding Member
Apr 8, 2002
Indiana
After working on my bud's car with him over the winter, we got her all back together.
Its a 93 LX that we changed from fuel injection to carb. Also, we worked out a few minor issues with the torque converter in the C-4.

We took the car to the track last week. Trying to creep up on the tune,.. yada yada. With a relatively mild tune (on the bottle) It turned a 10.82@128 MPH.

Made a few NA shakedowns and ran in the mid 11's at 117+.

The next bottle pass was all the motor would take

Needless to say, our evening was done.

New motor allready ordered. We are now shooting for high 9's :)

• Sponsors (?)

swingline said:
He's had too much of the Beast up at college.

View attachment 525805 ....yeah it's been a rough year... View attachment 525807
Celebrating_Emoticon.gif

Attachments

• Celebrating_Emoticon.gif
    Celebrating_Emoticon.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 63
oh man, a long time ago i saw this add for some crazy engines in the August 2003 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords. Its a 600 Competition crate engine. Here's the specs:
Fully machined Ford Racing block, Scat Billet crank, billet rods, JE pistons, Plasma moly rings, Federal Mogul bearings, Comp Cams solid roller camshaft, Danny Bee belt drive, ATI damper, Melling HV oil pump, Canton wet sump oil pan, Crower solid roller lifters, Comp Cams pushrods, Ford Racing C460 heads fully CNC ported, ARP fasteners, T&D shaft mount rockers, Ford Racing intake ported, Ford Racing valve covers, MSD Distributor, MSD wires, Custom Davinci carb., internally balanced, blueprinted and assembled, dyno tested $23,500

HP- 1100
Torque- 850ft pounds

:hail2:

She's back together again. Well, WAS back together.. lol Pop'd the headgaskets last time out.

The new engine is a 347, FTI cam, Holly 750 speed-demon carb, ported Edel RPM lower and ported TFS twisted wedge's.

The compression ratio is a little uncertain at this point, considering that we dont know the exact chamber CC's. Guess we shoulda had that checked while the motor was tore down eh? lol

The car has yet to make a full pass on the bottle. Nitrous gremlins keep showing their ugly freakin heads. But, with a "fairly light" launch leaving at 3k RPM (we shift the thing at 7300.) it yanked a fairly respectable 1.41 60 FT.

Best time on the motor so far, has been a 11.32@124 MPH. The car still has more in it, im sure.. we are still working out the bugs.

Once we get a full pass on the bottle. with a safe tune,the car should be runin just a tick over 140 MPH in the !/4. Maybe faster.. who knows.

Thing sure sounds good though :)

Its not a comfortable drive,.. for me anyway. we gutted the interior, (I have pictures of that process) put racing seats in it , a 10 point cage along with 5 point harnesses. Im 6"3 with longgg ass legs. and a head thats too big for my own good.. lol the cage is a problem for me in that car.

But, its not my car,.. so it doesnt really matter I guess.

Here are some pictures of the car being torn apart. I'll get some new pics as soon as I can.

Attachments

• missingmotor.JPG
    missingmotor.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 83
  • inside.JPG
    inside.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 85