What’s your most painful Fox repair?

Nov 30, 2019
Toronto
Title says it all... Let’s hear it you guys, what’s the most painful repair you guys have done to your fox?

I’d say the most irritating one ive done so far is replacing the clutch quadrant.. though I’ve heard replacing the heater core is a very big PITA.

• Sponsors (?)

A few years ago I had an 84 convertible project that I picked up for $400. As some have experienced, I found frame rail rot. I wouldn't necessarily call it painful, but it was time consuming....

full?d=1406518030.jpg

full?d=1406518030.jpg

Sold the car so it's technically not mine anymore, but I now have an 87 GT vert that I really haven't started working on yet. Only time will tell what this one will bring. (I know it won't be frame rails, I checked that area CLOSELY!) :cheers:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Floor pan behind drivers seat so far for me... but I think I'm about to have to do the heater core as I smelled some coolant the other night while driving it with the heater on and a tiny bit of steam inside the windshield above glove box.

F4R2M7R.jpg

VjBK8Tl.jpg

bL6z54k.jpg

9cWGzSS.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Wrist pins have given up . Ring lands have relieved themselves . Thank god no exits . Block is too expensive for that . Lol

would be a majorpart out if that happened .

On your 363?

I'm REALLY curious to hear about it if so. I've read your build thread over a couple times and it's looking like you built about the same engine I am looking to do....

On your 363?

I'm REALLY curious to hear about it if so. I've read your build thread over a couple times and it's looking like you built about the same engine I am looking to do....
It’s a big bore 347 . Yes I highlighted that revelation in there too . Lol
The last one is sort of on me . We pushed it on pump gas big time . Heat is the enemy

• Useful
I had to apply an incredible number of aggressive words to get my power steering high pressure line in. There is absolutely no room to work near the steering rack.

Kurt

Floor pan behind drivers seat so far for me... but I think I'm about to have to do the heater core as I smelled some coolant the other night while driving it with the heater on and a tiny bit of steam inside the windshield above glove box.

F4R2M7R.jpg

VjBK8Tl.jpg

bL6z54k.jpg

9cWGzSS.jpg
In the middle of the same repair right now. Not too many four letter words yet, but it’s still early!

In the middle of the same repair right now. Not too many four letter words yet, but it’s still early!

Pay close attention to the 2nd picture, DO NOT leave a cup full of acetone under the hole in the floor when you start to weld in the new one... and be sure to have a fire extinguisher handy either way. It's the only time in my life I had to use one, scary as shat!

• Surprised
Pay close attention to the 2nd picture, DO NOT leave a cup full of acetone under the hole in the floor when you start to weld in the new one... and be sure to have a fire extinguisher handy either way. It's the only time in my life I had to use one, scary as shat!

Oh man..... Time to find out how quick you can be. Scary for sure!

• Wow