What a terrible night!!

Sorry guys I need to vent this!! I was out with all my friends at a party, only had 3 beers over a course of like 4 hours because I was driving tonight so I was only drinking a little bit to be social, ...not even buzzed at all. Anyway, so the cops come and break up the party and we went next door to this girls house who's a good friend of ours, who I also recently started liking. Well, there were a few people there just chillin, and we started talking about the beach, and i was like "Yo, I wanna go to the freakin beach right now!" Everyone was like ehhhh, but this girl I like was like "Yeaaa, I'm totally down!" So I was like ahh sweet, this is gonna be freakin awesome...well were driving there, and we get 5 block from her house and I ran a freakin red light. Thank god there was hardly anyone around, but a cop just so happened to be chillin there, pulled me over, and wrote me a ticket. Mind you, Im freaking out cause in my 4 years of driving, I've never gotten pulled over before. I consider myself a good kid, I never speed more than maybe 5 over the speed limit, and i dont drive like an ******* like some of my friends. Not to mention, theres a hot girl in the passenger seat....:( The whole rest of the night sucked, I had a hard time putting this outta my head, I didnt hook up with her which should have been a given, and now Ive got a ticket for a ridiculous thing that should have never happened.

How much does a ticket for running a red light in Georgia cost on average? I'm so scared of this right now I don't even know what to do.

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't be worried about it one bit. Of course in my 11 years of driving, I've had more tickets than I can count on BOTH hands and maybe both feet. See if you can get traffic school or court supervision. Usually it's a lesser fine (fee) and if you get nothing else within a year, it doesn't go on your record. I have no idea what GA's fines are, but in IL the last time I got a ticket it was $110.50 for the ticket, or $75 for either supervision or traffic school.

i would be glad to only get a red light and not a dui. i dont know what the legal limit is there but in nc it is i believe .08. it may not seem like much but average guy thats like 3 beers. dui = ruined life for a while. i wouldnt bs around with that at all.

Thanks guys, I don't know it was just a bad night I guess I overreacted a bit, but I don't take well to stupid **** like this. I found out that not only is there some fine which I don't know how much yet, but its 3 points on my license which sucks.

I hear what your saying about the DUI thing, and it really made me think twice about doing this again. I got really lucky that he didn't ask me any other questions along the line of if I had been drinking or something, not to mention I totally forgot I had beer in my trunk and I didn't remember until I got in bed last night.

Somehow stupid crap keeps ****ing up my life lately:mad:

Wait. I am curious? How did this stop you from going on to the beach? I would have thrown the ticket in the back and then kept on going! They will most likely let you off real easy if you just show up to court!

Ticket no love lol.

Hey bro. Sorry about your ticket and the subsequent ending of the night lol. It's your first offense man. Don't worry about it. When you appear in court talk to the judge about reducing the fine. Over out here in Cali, you go to court, plead guilty and they can reduce it by half. Then if you have no other offenses in 18 months then you can go to traffic school to get the points off the record. Be and look professional (im sure you are) and just take responsibility for your mistake. The law should go easy on you. Ive gotten 5 tickets in one year before and the judges were always decent to me lol. It's all about attitude bro. Oh and I know that the first of anything bad is always really bad lol, but don't worry about it. You should have gone on with the night...and you probably could have impressed the gal, knowing you handled a stressful situation really well. If you let it ruin the night, it probably didn't set in to well with her.:bang: But hey look on the bright side, no DUI and let me say that again...NO DUI!. and again...no DUI. No worries, you could have even wrecked your car. You got off bro and by the looks of things your a good guy, so don't even lose another wink of sleep. Good Luck! Be sure to let us know how the ticket situation works out.

Hey bro. Sorry about your ticket and the subsequent ending of the night lol. It's your first offense man. Don't worry about it. When you appear in court talk to the judge about reducing the fine. Over out here in Cali, you go to court, plead guilty and they can reduce it by half. Then if you have no other offenses in 18 months then you can go to traffic school to get the points off the record. Be and look professional (im sure you are) and just take responsibility for your mistake. The law should go easy on you. Ive gotten 5 tickets in one year before and the judges were always decent to me lol. It's all about attitude bro. Oh and I know that the first of anything bad is always really bad lol, but don't worry about it. You should have gone on with the night...and you probably could have impressed the gal, knowing you handled a stressful situation really well. If you let it ruin the night, it probably didn't set in to well with her.:bang: But hey look on the bright side, no DUI and let me say that again...NO DUI!. and again...no DUI. No worries, you could have even wrecked your car. You got off bro and by the looks of things your a good guy, so don't even lose another wink of sleep. Good Luck! Be sure to let us know how the ticket situation works out.
Hey thanks man I appreciate it. We actually did go to the beach, and things went alright, just not as well as I had hoped:rlaugh: Yea I don't know why I got so nervous, I think it was cause of the fact that i had beer in my system. Like i said, I was not even buzzed at all, it takes me a lot more than what I had to get any kind of drunk, so i knew i didnt run the light for that reason. I guess i had my eye on the prize hahah. I consider myself a very responsible driver, I have taken peoples keys before that were not ok to drive, so i feel like a douche when something stupid like this happens to me.

A good friend of mine in high school got broadsided at 70mph by a drunk driver, and she was in the hospital for a week, so after seeing that I told myself I never wanted to see it again.

Im going to call the court on Monday to find out what the deal is with fines and such. I want to try and get a plea bargain because then I wont have any points, but I'd like to get that court supervision that stanggt1995 mentioned because Im pretty sure i can keep without getting pulled over for another year.

Sorry guys, I know i sound like a :taco: but i hate dealing with stupid ass **** that i could have avoided and now ive gotta pay the fine (literally). Thanks for the support fellas, it means a lot:nice:

LOL atta boy!! i still wouldda smashed it tho.... the girl, not the throttle....

so what about a first offence for tint? any way out of that? LOL

hahahaha yea hopefully tonight will be better than last night...

first offence for tint is like 70 bucks or something along those lines...my buddy just got one for the tint on his jetta and it was something like that

i would be glad to only get a red light and not a dui. i dont know what the legal limit is there but in nc it is i believe .08. it may not seem like much but average guy thats like 3 beers. dui = ruined life for a while. i wouldnt bs around with that at all.

Pretty sure he's under 21... which means the legal limit is .02 or some nonsense like that. Which pretty much means if he smells beer he's over.

One of the things I miss about college is that I was in a great fraternity so I never had to drive anywhere to party. I swear that having to drive to bars has cut down on my drinking by half. And if the party was further away, we would make a pledge stay sober and drive us around.

Adam

Youre under age so you'd be screwed if you had to blow. The legal limit here is .08 but .04 for me since I have a class B CDL. Doesn't matter since I will never drink and drive anyway.

Grn92LX said:
Youre under age so you'd be screwed if you had to blow. The legal limit here is .08 but .04 for me since I have a class B CDL. Doesn't matter since I will never drink and drive anyway.

Especially not when your livelihood depends on you having a driver's license.

Mike (stprorolla49), be very careful with drinking and driving. Although you probably would have passed a breathalyzer, many states have zero tolerance policies if you're under 21. I didn't think about that before, but was just reminded when Grn92LX just posted about the legal limit issue.