what are the best tires for 18 inch rims?...

saleen83

Mar 6, 2006
)
i am thinking of getting new tires.i have 295/30/18 on my saleen rims now...they are BFG drag radial...i am looking into something with more rubber...something with a nice looking pattern..even if it was 305/30/18...i don't realy like the bold look on those drag radial....pics would be great....

• Sponsors (?)

The BFG KDW's are nice as are the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's...both have kool tread patterns and superior traction for street tires.

Heres my Eagle F1's

000_0061small.jpg

Attachments

• 000_0061small.jpg
    000_0061small.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 2,991
NO 18's GO 17's much better.

Ok 18's are a ridiculous waste of money and space. You loose overall on the size. Go with 315/35/17 tires. Go with some drags. Try out the Nitto 555 drag radials or check out Mickey Thompson. They all have DOT approved tires however you will waste them somewhat fast for daily driving. So nobody can say 18's are better blah only if you want more wheel. :Track: take it to the track 17's going to do you much better on your wallet and your time.

Ok 18's are a ridiculous waste of money and space. You loose overall on the size. Go with 315/35/17 tires. Go with some drags. Try out the Nitto 555 drag radials or check out Mickey Thompson. They all have DOT approved tires however you will waste them somewhat fast for daily driving. So nobody can say 18's are better blah only if you want more wheel. :Track: take it to the track 17's going to do you much better on your wallet and your time.

Yes because he's gonna take the SALEEN wheels off of his SALEEN to please your opinion. 18's look perfect on these cars and especially on a saleen.

if he wants to hook he can buy a set of 15" welds like i did. 17's would look like CRAP on a saleen

i just picked up a pair of the new MT street ET radials in a 305/35/18 yesterday. they were cheaper than any other drag tire by $50 each. they will not be on the car till the new engine goes in.they look AWESOME though. they are wide as hell!!

Yes because he's gonna take the SALEEN wheels off of his SALEEN to please your opinion. 18's look perfect on these cars and especially on a saleen.

thanks for the reply..............for the track,i have slicks.this is just for the streets.i don't drive the stang alot...i have radials now.don't like the bold look.what size are on your stang?....the bfg's...

if he wants to hook he can buy a set of 15" welds like i did. 17's would look like CRAP on a saleen

i just picked up a pair of the new MT street ET radials in a 305/35/18 yesterday. they were cheaper than any other drag tire by $50 each. they will not be on the car till the new engine goes in.they look AWESOME though. they are wide as hell!!

do u have the link to the site?......some pic of the thread.

thanks for the reply..............for the track,i have slicks.this is just for the streets.i don't drive the stang alot...i have radials now.don't like the bold look.what size are on your stang?....the bfg's...

I had 275's becuase i only had 18x9's out back but they ran wide. By far the best gripping street tire ive ever had. That seems to be the consensus with those tires. A tiny bit noisy but so worth it

If you're just talking about street tires for cruising and not really pushing the car hard - just go to tirerack.com and lookat the tires that have the quietest rating and balanced handling. I love GSD3's - I've had two sets and a third pair for the rear. This last time I just threw some cheaper "high performance all season" type tires, they hook great in the wet and are so cheap even if I went through them super fast (which I won't) then I could buy another set haha....