What Are Your Favorite Tires to Run?

Tom95gt

Oct 10, 2007
South Jersey
I've been runnin Fuzion ZRi's for the past three years I've had my car because thats what came with the rims. I guess I'm satisfied with them, I never really tried any others so what are your guys personal favorites. The only thing I don't like is they don't smoke unless you stay in the burnout for quite a while which isn't a big deal but it seems like pep boys tires the instant they break loose they smoke up lol

• Sponsors (?)

I really like my BFG Gforce Sports.

I have the 245/45ZR17 on all four corners and they leave DARK BLACK marks on the parking lot with some serious smoke:D

So do the 275/40R17 BFG DRs I run on track days:D

Michelin Pilots on the front and BFG DRs out back. As far as tires go, for the front I just want them to look cool and for the back I just want em to hook.:nice: I really don't care whats in the front as long as it isn't some ugly tread pattern. I dont do any intense enough driving to need great front traction. So all I really care about is the back. If someone were to ask me what tires I ran I would just say bfg drs. The front really means nothing to me.

Rubber.

Plastic was slick and didn't last long, and iron tires broke loose too easy (ironically, I felt like I was on rails :p though). :D

I had a tire thread awhile back (my emphasis was bang for the buck. I didnt want to spend more than about 100 bucks a tire). There were some very good recommendations. I have wanted to try the Dunlops that Bimmertech recommended (post 14).

Good luck.

right now i'm running the stock pirellis from the 2006 mustangs. the guy put deep dish chrome bullitts all around the car as soon as he got it, so the tires got little to no wear, until i got a hold of them.

they leave decently dark marks, and they grip fairly well on my mostly stock car. have no problems breaking them loose into second.

smoke pretty well too.

I like the Sumitomos HTZR II+ on front and the 275 Nittos NT555R out back. Thinking of getting some BFGs drag radials next though.

Car is daily driven on these tires so treadlife is important but after the latest round of mods, the need for traction is starting to outweigh treadlife. :)

Wes

I run regular Goodyear Eagle F1 (Z) rated tires up front, and out back I run MT drag radials.

Just my .02, but MT 275/40R/17 DR's are gold! No other same size DR tire can touch them. Was luanching with a 2-step on the brake with 4-6 PSI and I was still cutting 1.6 60's, and my suspension is completely stock except for the Eibach pro springs, everything else is from the factory. But my suspension setup will be changing very soon:D.

On the down side, tread life is the shortest out of the DR's group. But I can do a 2second burn out and your hand will stick to the tire:eek:.

Longest tread life order:
1. Nitto 555R DR's
2. BFG DR's
3. Hoosier DR's
4. Micky Thompson DR's

Best hooking tire order:
1. Micky Thompson DR's
2. Hoosier DR's
3. BFG DR's
4. Nitto 555R DR's (these truly suck, I'm so glad I made the change.)

Once again keep in mind this is from my drag racing point of view.

-Will

I run Falken Azenis 245/45/17 on my stock wheels. I mainly do track time trials and autocrosses so I don't know how they perform at the drag strip.

They stick really well for a street tire (especially after they're warmed up), but they don't last very long. I have a little over 1000 miles on this set and they'll probably been completely worn after another 1000 miles.