What can cause a mass air code??

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
Alright, startin to get pissed. This is what i did!!! Car ran perfect, I removed my Cobra Intake, 42lb injectors, stock fuel regulator and my PMAS mass air meter, and I installed a Systemax Intake, 50 lb injectors, a Kirban AFPR, and an Abaco DBx mass air meter calibrated for my injectors. Car will not idle, and cant be driven as the car dies at about 5 mph. Now I first thought it was a vacuum leak like the lower intake didnt seat correctly so i re did, and still the same problem. If i unplug the DBX while the car is running there is no change at all. BUT if i plug in a stock mass air sensor it will idle perfect and not stall out. The KOEO is telling me a code 66 and the PMS is telling me 2000 which is a missing mass air signal. Is there anything that whould cause this other than a bad sensor?? I called Danny Biggs at Anderson and Im sending it back to him so he can verify if its a good or bad meter. If this thing turns out to be good, I have no idea what the problem is. Any Help or Ideas? You guys think I got a back sensor???

• Sponsors (?)

Its gotta be that DBX is outta wack, why else would it not change at all when i unplug, yet when i plug in a stock sensor that is calibrated for 19 lb injectors it idles and starts up fine. Granted it wont rev up with the stock sensor in but it def changes the idle.