What condition would you honestly say your car is in?

What condition is your '94/'95 in?

• Near-perfect survivor - like the day it was new

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Fixed up - New paint, wheels, interior, etc...

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 10-Footer - Minor flaws here and there

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Daily driver - faded paint, cracked interior, etc..

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

'66 coupe

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
Lakeland, Fl.
Just wondering what condition everyone's cars are in. These cars are coming up on 13 & 14 yrs old, and many that I've seen in person definately show their age. But some of you may have had the car since new, and others just put more money into them than the rest of us. So how nice is your car? What are the flaws you'd be glad to get rid of?

We've all seen pics of each other's cars, but I know in my pics you can hardly see the flaws. So like I said, I'm curious.

I just got done washing my car, and it's definately a 10-footer. The rims have some major flaws. There's a chip in the paint under the passenger quarter window, and the hood has several rock chips. I even sanded and spray painted the front bumper to get rid of all the chips it had; the spray paint was actually a HUGE improvement. lol Even the light bar has a small crack in the vinyl covering.

Mechanically, the car is absolutely fine. The brakes aren't nearly as good as my new edge V6, so Cobra brakes will come before paint and rims(probably WAY before).

• Sponsors (?)

Id have to go between 10 footer and fixed up.

But right now its dirty as hell.

I have a few dings. Some nice wheels, and new paint on the bumper and half the passenger side. The worst thing right now is the hood. But I ordered a new one.

ill have to go 10 footer on this one....

as of right now, the front bumper is primed... the hood/side fenders are a dull green... i have no badges(although the holes are filled)... but even once the front clip is painted, i still have a key mark on the rear passanger quarter, my interior... the drivers seat is a little torn... etc etc... nice rims, nice add ons on the outside...

definately a daily driver here. problems everywhere you look

after i'm done with her though, she will definately be in "fixed up" condition, with new paint, new leather on the seats, new carpet, and the upgraded stereo system with built-in navigation.

the top was replaced not long ago and is cloth.

but it will be a daily driver. :nice:

With about 36k miles and it lives in a garage it's in pretty good shape. Which is why I'm hesitant to mod it. The paint is alright with a few door dings here and there the rear bumper and front bumper were never in great shape from the factory. The seats are alright, creases but no cracks or tears. The top has one spot that is slightly worn near the rear window.

fixed up... just got it back from the paint booth monday, put my basically new chrome cobra R's on, cobra front bumper, BOI clear smoked headlights/corners/fogs, eibach spacers, engine is nothing fancy but clean and runs perf. Interior is basically mint. pics as soon as i can borrow a camera.

10-Footer - Minor dents , needs new paint ( Original paint ), needs rims otherwise than that is good :nice:

I was speaking with a good friend the other day about this little "problems", and it`s very curious what he told me , we usually car guys are perfectionists and are always complaining about how bad our paint is, or how bad our rims are dented, or whatever little issue that we usually spot on our cars that usually the average car user doesn’t even see and all people usually told us how good our cars are and how perfect they look, even when we start telling "Well is not that good it needs this an that blah blah", and we spend too much time complaining on little details.

Ok ok to the point , he was like that and he told me when he completely destroyed his fox, he wasn’t even involved on the crash it was just bad luck ( other driver had the fault ) and when he was looking the damages and his car being towed away useless, he told me "How stupid i was just complaining about stupid things, and i was not really enjoying the car because i was blinded by this little details instead of just taking my ride around and have nice time with him"

I was shocked with all this story and I was kind of identified with that complaining of little details, I mean Of course we can have details (and fix them ) on our cars and enjoy them but i had one of those moments of thinking ( I am always pissed when it rains and i just don’t go out i take the daily beater instead of my car, just to not get him dirty ). I don’t know what do you think about this but i am now enjoying my car more and stop the complaining :D Of course i will keep fixing the details on the car :nice:

I'd say mines probably some where between 10-footer and fixed up, with a little daily driver thrown in there since i do indeed drive it every day. The paint is a year old, and is pretty mint besides a few small rock chips on the rear bumper behind the tires from track burnouts before i got smart and started taping it off to keep it from happening. Theres also a tiny dip in the driver fender that is almost unnoticeable, its only visible from a certain angle, and no one has ever mentioned it. Theres a bit of paint worn off on the back of the cowl of the hood, and a small spider crack right in the center. The interior is basically new, I just installed a new factory steering wheel, new seats, newish floormats, cleaned the carpet, gauges, etc. Some of the suspension has been overhauled i.e. new bushings in the front, new ball joints, springs, and struts. I just rebuilt the tranny, resurfaced the flywheel, and installed a new clutch about 5k ago. The engine bay is the worst part of the car, and it really isn't that bad. When its cleaned up it looks decent, but i cant wait to rip out that 110k motor and throw in a 331:D

All our cars are gonna obviously have problems, I've come to terms with that. Its just how we deal with them that separates the true mustang owners to the wannabe mustang owners.

I say mines a 10 footer.

Gotta say, if you drive it, you will have flaws. I'm proud of it! lol

Your's is fixed up. It may have flaws, but not 13+ years of rock chips.

My idea of 10-footer is most of our cars that have original paint, but aren't faded or don't have tears in the interiors.

My idea of daily driver...well, my friend's son has a '94. Before he got it, my friend's brother owned it, and his ex took a hammer and keys to the car, which then sat is his yard for a year. Throw in a transmission and a windshield, and it's a DD with it's faded DFG paint, deep scratches, and hammer dents. That's what I had in mind for DD.

I was speaking with a good friend the other day about this little "problems", and it`s very curious what he told me , we usually car guys are perfectionists and are always complaining about how bad our paint is, or how bad our rims are dented, or whatever little issue that we usually spot on our cars that usually the average car user doesn’t even see and all people usually told us how good our cars are and how perfect they look, even when we start telling "Well is not that good it needs this an that blah blah", and we spend too much time complaining on little details.

That's the thing. Most of us have 10-footers since the cars are old, but I'm sure we all still get compliments.
I have several friends from ages 12-27 that all love my car. But to me it still has the same paint and rim flaws that it had when I paid only $4700 for it last August. But the kids I know who are turning 16 all joke about getting my car or me selling them the car.

I blame Stangnet!!! LOL I get to see some awesome cars in this forum, and instead of comparing my car to my friends' '89 Mercedes or 2000 Focus, I compare my 10-footer to the fixed up cars I see here.:D

I got a few door dings and slightly faded weather strip. The front bumper is jacked up but i im putting my my freshly painted Cobra bumper with crystal clear fogs today or friday so that should help a lot! From 10ft i would say my car looks damn good. Engine is dirty but hey its not a show car. Interior isnt bad low milage 02 GT black leather, i keep it clean nice gauges and stuff. My steering wheel is the worst part of the interior.