What do I need to get more HP?

Pops Fun

10 Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
  • Sponsors (?)

Those sound like steps in the right direction. If you have money then Aeromotive stuff I guess. Is it that you need fuel, or is it the slight differecnec in your setups are causing the difference in horsepower?
I bet your son is like :rlaugh:.
I now mine would be merciless if he beat me at anything.
I read it before, but now I can't remember what the stock lines and rail are good to. I think it was about 600 hp max, but don't quote me. Maybe just the injectors and tuning?
What are the other differecnec between your setups?

Those sound like steps in the right direction. If you have money then Aeromotive stuff I guess. Is it that you need fuel, or is it the slight differecnec in your setups are causing the difference in horsepower?
I bet your son is like :rlaugh:.
I now mine would be merciless if he beat me at anything.
I read it before, but now I can't remember what the stock lines and rail are good to. I think it was about 600 hp max, but don't quote me. Maybe just the injectors and tuning?
What are the other difference between your setups?

The main differences are:
Tom 331ci Me 347ci
Tom 9 to 1 me 8.5 to 1 compression
Tom bigger fuel lines, 60# injectors, and new fuel rails Me 42# injectors.. stock rails and lines.

Started looking at prices about $1200 or so without new fuel lines

Yeah, with the lower compression, you are going to need to pump more boost in then he does. Which obviously means a more capable fuel system. If you can, just step up to an Aeromotive system. I see a lot of guys run braided steel line all the way from the back of the car to the engine. It's kind of silly. Solid steel line, like what they use from the factory is safer, and cheaper.

Kurt

meh, i put a 2.95" on mine with the 42s, but then again i have smaller heads. Once you go smaller than that it gets difficult to keep it tight so you don't slip.

i say you just get 160# injectors and call it day. :D