what do you guys have for stereos

to be 100% honest, the mach 460 system is more than adequate for me....personally i'd rather spen the $500 or so from a mild system on an intake manifold or something else, and not on a stereo thats already better than most for that model year....the only aftermarket conponents to my stereo are an o/r pipe, and flows:D

• Sponsors (?)

ROLLIN5.0 said:
I had 4 of those 10" in a T-Bird back in the day. Then I had 3 of the 12" in a Cougar. They really screwed up when they changed everything. The old Comps were as good as it got for the $$$. Now you have to get the L7's to do anything.
Brandon

Those compVR's or whatever sucked, glad I got mine when I did...had both of them in the mustang just got kinda tired of no trunk space, before that they were both in my 93 nissan P/U...pushed the front window out of it with them :rlaugh:

L7's are nice though that or some of the older solo's if you can find them.

2165706_2_full.jpg

I have an Alpine head unit (not sure of the model number, but its a 60x4 peak and does just about everything)

I have infiniti kappa perfects upfront, and reference's in the back.

In the trunk i have a JL 500/1 mono amp, and two JL 10w6v2's.

I want to get the subs put into a custom fiberglass box in the back seat after doing a rear seat delete, but that probably wont happen. I might just get rid of teh subs all together?

Alright, my turn to brag a lil' :)

I have a pioneer dvd/cd/mp3 player with a 7" fold out screen, this then goes to a sherwood equilizer, MTX speakers all around, two 12" 400 watt pioneer subs that are built into the rear seat delete kit, and two 12" 400 watt pioneer subs in the trunk. the four subs are powered by two 2000 watt alpine amplifiers running from a yellow top optima...

Next is installing a second battery.

I'll get pics up....someday... when i find my long lost camera :(

I have a pioneer avx-p7300dvd 7" monitor head unit with a avm-p9000R brain and diamond audio front and rear components, a kicker xs100 running@ 1ohm (1000rms brigged) to a single kicker solobaric 12" L7 and it sounds amazing, in two weeks im taking out the box and having the shop do a false floor and dynamat the whole trunk to make the amp and sub look cleaner.

A properly setup kicker sub (old Comp, solo, or the new L7's) will ROCK....also that xs amp line is Butta' man, the amp has alot to do with it. That amp is DAMN nice...If anything get a nice amp it is were the soul and sound comes from.

FWIW, the amp that powerd' my 2 10's in my truck that pushed the front window out of was the lower line of the kicker amps--the old impulse line--it was only a 50w 2chann. amp and was dead clear.

wytstang said:
Juiced 94 that single L7 does the job?? Cause I have a Hollywood 1000m (1ohm stable) that has been sitting under my bed for 2 years asking for work.
Hell yeah the single 12" L7 does the job, it sounds like two of them, the amp DOES have alot to do with it, my amp is an old school xs100 but it was a beefie comp. amp its rated at 50 watts per channel at 4ohms but brigged at 1ohm pushes 1,000 watts I LOVE THAT AMP...if you have the power get the L7 it rocks even in my vert.

Well haven't gotten it all installed yet, but i have some MA audio coomponents, 5x7's, and two mb Quart twelves..... wainting on my memphis as1100 to get here....1000WRMS@1 ohm.....should be enough for the twelves....lol

haven't decided on the head unit yet...probably some kind of a pioneer....

jason

juiced_94gt said:
Hell yeah the single 12" L7 does the job, it sounds like two of them, the amp DOES have alot to do with it, my amp is an old school xs100 but it was a beefie comp. amp its rated at 50 watts per channel at 4ohms but brigged at 1ohm pushes 1,000 watts I LOVE THAT AMP...if you have the power get the L7 it rocks even in my vert.
Cool man thanks for the info...........And believe me when I say the Hollywood high voltage 1000m has what it takes. It's an older version and has been replaced by the RSD series http://www.hollywoodsoundlabs.com/rs_amps.html

Subs - 3 10" Infinity Perfects (rated at 350w RMS/1400w peak, each) They are in a 5/8" MDF sealed box, .8cuft per sub.
subs.jpg

Amp - Audiobahn 1801X amplifier (running at ~400w rms right now) with built in fan & voltage display.
DSCF0005.JPG

Components - JBL GTO's. They are kinda crappy, but better than the base system speakers that came with the car. Going to replace them with Infinity's this spring/summer. I also added in Mach 460 tweeters, and they made a HUGE difference in sound quality, they are a must-do mod for any into audio.
machtweeter.JPG

DSCF0015.JPG

Reciever/CD Player - Sony CDX-M620. It is a couple yrs old now, but still works great for what I need. It has a really cool flip down face, and when folded up looks like there isnt even a radio there.
DSCF0013.JPG

I have a JL 13W7 with a 1000.1 amp going into my Acura this week. Its gonna F'in pound. :hail2: Box/amp weighs over 100lbs :rlaugh:

Attachments

• subs.jpg
    subs.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 59
  • machtweeter.JPG
    machtweeter.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0013.JPG
    DSCF0013.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 52
Joe 5.0 said:
Yep, the bracket holes were pre-drilled in the doors, so just run a wire from the door speaker and 2 screws and you're set. You do have to trim the door though, since the tweeters wont allow the door panel to fit correctly. Its no biggie, and easy to do.
Interesting I thought I read somewhere that the stock 460 tweeters are 2 ohms were as most aftermarkets are 4 ohms making them uncompatible. but they sound good?