What do you think this will run in the 1/4?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Ok i bought a 87 GT vert with an AOD with a massive shift kit installed....I think the car either has 3.08's or 3.27's not sure but i will find out...it has a Paxton SN93 making 6psi...70mm TB...BBK shorties...stock cats that got to go... and some kind of butched cat back with thrush mufflers..that will be going to...Plans are 3.73's...B&M 2400 stall convertor non-lock up...sub frames...a Power pipe for some more boost....Nitto drag radials...What type of ET's do you think i could run..Oh yeah this car is still speed density..but i might convert to MAF....thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I hate to say it, but I think if you see mid-low 14's you should be very happy. That car bone stock is a high 15 low 16 second car. 7psi, a shift kit and some bolt ons won't do wonders for it. Lack of gears and real exhaust hurts too...and F 3.73's, go with 4.10's! Don't fear the gear!

As it sits now the shift kit will help but without a converter it's not gonna help all that much. A vert with a stock gear...man that's a pig even with boost. I'd say something in the mid 13s but it's gonna be a bear to get off the line because if you push it too hard it's gonna spin like a mofo if the tires break loose and your 60s are gonna suck. It should have pretty stout top end though so once it get moving it should go pretty good...might have a pretty strong trap speed. This is all just guessing though since i have no supercharger experience...it may be a total animal, may be a total turd.

Well i guess i will disapointed then im counting on low 13's at least...My friend in 1990 had a brand new GT vert 5spd all he had done was gutted cats...air silencer removed...flowmasters...and the car had 3.27's he ran 14.0 all day on street tires...So i would at least hope i can get into the 13's with gears,torque convertor, and a blower???

Is it converted to mass air or does it still have speed density? If it still has speed density do a MAF swap and get it dyno tuned with the new exhaust and id say you have a mid to low 13 second car...

Is it converted to mass air or does it still have speed density? If it still has speed density do a MAF swap and get it dyno tuned with the new exhaust and id say you have a mid to low 13 second car...

From what i was told that if you can get the car to run and idle fine with SD...i was told it would be faster...:shrug: this is hear say from superchargerhelp.com....these are guys running these type blowers on cars likes mine....but i might do a MAF conversion for running purposes..Im thinking ,,with a good convertor...3.73's off road H-pipe Mac cat back...and a powerpipe..i should be able to see low 13's....i cant see why not...it should be putting out a little over 300 rwhp no?...and GOD its not that much heavier then a Fully loaded GT what maybe 300 pounds thats .03 tenths in the 1/4...I have a 4585 lb SRT Magnum that runs 12.9 on the motor..12.0 with a 100 shot...so i should be able to get this to move with a supercharger and some mods no?

It's tough to compare your car to other cars...just because this guy's car weighs a lot more doesn't mean anything really. Your car weighs a good 3500lbs and it's gonna flex like a wet noodle which means crappy traction. Plus my guess was based off of your car being an AOD car, which i have no love for unless they're built and have a healthy converter that's matched to the engine and cam. If your car was a 5 speed it would be a different story, as well as if it were a hatch or coupe. Also from what i know about speed density is that it's only faster if you have a stand alone fuel management system like Megasquirt or something...otherwise if you put a cam in a SD car you're asking for problems. I would also assume that this Magnum likely has a superior suspension than us Fox cars have and probably gets the power to the ground much better....get some upper/lower CA's and subframe connectors and that'll make a big difference. Overall IMO, the lack of a stout converter and gears is what will hold you back from being a 12 second car...but that's just a guess. I've only ever seen one vert in person that was fast, and it was a 10 second car...it looked and sounded bone stock and the guy WOULD NOT lift the hood so nobody ever knew what he was packin, and it was a total sleeper.

Thanks...for the info subframes are going in and i will get some good Upper/Lower CA....a good convertor is going to go and 3.73's...I have BBK shortys...and im getting an off road H pipe...and Mac cat back...so im sure that will help...no?

Yeah that'll definitely wake it up...but i'd absolutely go with 4.10s for an AOD, even on a daily driver. The RPM difference is only like 300rpm on the highway and it will make a huge difference in your car especially with about a 3500 converter and your shift kit. All that plus the uppers and lowers, all that exhaust stuff and some drag radials and you'll be at least low 13s or high 12s...which is pretty respectable for a vert.