What engine parts should you upgrade when putting in a SC?

• Sponsors (?)

this is a question i have been meaning to ask myself. i have a mmff from feb 05 that i was scanning recently and realized that they were profiling a car they called the f-470 built by a canadian vw tuner. 407 hp on sc all stock engine. no forged internals, injector or pump upgrades just sc and a new maf if i remember correctly. cant find the issue right now. will post more later.

it all depends on how much boost you wanna run.

I believe these 4.6 stock blocks can handle a little over 400rwhp before you would want to start upgrading it. Check out www.modularpowerhouse.com they make some great kits for stock blocks that come with everything you need (maf, fuel injectors, tb, boost pipe, tuned)

csledd said:
it all depends on how much boost you wanna run.

I believe these 4.6 stock blocks can handle a little over 400rwhp before you would want to start upgrading it. Check out www.modularpowerhouse.com they make some great kits for stock blocks that come with everything you need (maf, fuel injectors, tb, boost pipe, tuned)

I agree usually if u don't go over 8 psi on most superchargers you're stock block can handle the power. Over 400rwhp and your block will be a ticking grenade