Fox What gas do you run in your foxbody?

So many people swear by it, I wouldn't run it if it was free.

When I was living on the west coast, I had a couple friend burn up their 2 stroke ATV's with non OXY. Thousands of dollars down the drain. Small engines wouldn't even start let alone run on non OXY straight out of the pump. Had similar experience living in MN, a buddy of mine ran nothing buy non-OXY in his 65 mustang. He fought fuel system problems for 2 years despite the entire fuel system being new.

• Sponsors (?)

I guess it is a good thing nobody is forcing you to buy it.
Some people swear that Ford makes the best vehicles, others swear that Fords are trash.
Nobody has to buy one.
I doubt that your opinion or mine will change anyone's mind.

Reactions: 1 user
We only have e10 fuel here. I run all my small engines with it. Snowblower, lawnmower, weed eater, etc. I haven’t had any issues. I do a full drain out at the end of the season

The non-ethanol stuff is 45 mins each way away from me, it $10+ a gallon at home improvement stores.

Last edited:
I live out in the ding-toolies. Lots of farm equipment and ATVs out here.

Fuel stations outside of the city that do not dispense off-road diesel and ethanol-free regular fuel, end up closing their doors.

For anything carbed I make sure to use ethanol free gas as it doesn't gum it up, especially things like the 4 wheelers and golf carts up at the lake that end up sitting for months during the winter season. Never a problem as long as we use plain gas in them.

I " used " to be one of those that laughed at people with gummed up carbs and bad fuel..... I guess I was just lucky for many years...
I use NON ethanol in all of my small motors now, after my generator would not start after the last hurricane here in Florida...
Its only around 50 cents more a gallon here......
I put a gallon in my Harley when I know its going to sit for a while ( which seems like all the time now) and it doesn't run as well and pings with it.. Fuel pump said its low octane 87.......

Eh, if I gum up a carb I have an ultrasonic. Just time lost. But hasn’t happened yet.

Hell my weedwhacker has mixed e10 from 3 years ago in it. Mixed up a gallon and still burning through it. Used it today actually and still starts up nicely.

Lawnmower doesn’t sit long enough to gum up.

Eh, if I gum up a carb I have an ultrasonic. Just time lost. But hasn’t happened yet.

Hell my weedwhacker has mixed e10 from 3 years ago in it. Mixed up a gallon and still burning through it. Used it today actually and still starts up nicely.

Lawnmower doesn’t sit long enough to gum up.
My Champion generator carb is not meant to be rebuilt. Can't buy a kit for it.... It leaked after I cleaned it out and got in running again..
Main thing that disappointed me was you store this thing in the corner of your garage for years and when you get to roll it out ( and YOU have power and the neighbors don't) and it doesn't run.... LOL.... Its all chinesium trash.....

Last edited:
My Chanpion generators carb is not meant to be rebuilt. Can't buy a kit for it.... It leaked after I cleaned it out and got in running again..
Main thing that disappointed me was you store this thing in the corner of your garage for years and when you get to roll it out ( and YOU have power and the neighbors don't) and it doesn't run.... LOL.... Its all chinesium trash.....
My Generac generator runs on Propane.
No worries about fuel related problems.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
Speaking of " Tier 1 " fuels, GM recommends Tier 1 diesel for my 20 Silverado 3 liter diesel engine....
Found two places in Colorado and a few in S. California that have it......... Probably not gonna happen...

Isn't the main contributor to detonation compression? I know todays fuel is alot different than the good stuff we had in the late 60's early 70's..
Most of my friends and I had Z28 camaro's then... The 70 LT1 engine came with 11.25 to 1 compression stock from Chevrolet... I can assure you it would not run on todays fuel...
Costco has Top Tier fuel!