What is the electronic box on the coolant overflow bracket

jbond007

Aug 10, 2005
What is the computer looking device on the coolant overflow tank bracket? I have a Canton unit that presses into it. I am also trying to clean-up the wiring in the engine bay and remove all unnecessary wiring. I removed the ABS unit and replumbed the lines due to replacing all 4 brakes with a Wilwood Big brake kit all the way around and rendering the ABS non-functional. So I have shedded the ABS unit and weight and would like to do the same with some unused wires. Can I remove the computer looking device without ill-effect? Same question regarding the ABS wiring that will not be used.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys! You've been very helpful. Another question. I have removed the ABS unit and have left the wires unplugged. Can these wires be cut without ill-effect in order to clean-up and simplify the wiring? Thanks!

So If that controls the fuel pump and the electric fan couldn't you remove it if you rewire a new electric fan up and a new fuel pump. Just wondered I am in the process of doing the same thing you are so I just wondered.

At the CCRM harness you could splice in terminals so you can use SPDT/SPST relays instead. If I were doing it, you'd need a reliable SPST for the EEC relay, another for the FP relay, and then I'd use a Bosch 75 amp relay for the fan (if using only high speed. You could get away with a 40 amp SPDT relay for low).

If someone could make an aftermarket relay panel to take the place of the CCRM and simply plug into the existing CCRM harness, that would be awesome! Those CCRMs are very rare in the salvage yards and way too expensive at the stealerships!